Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO2 Set Up

Hi Guys!

Looking for some advice regarding what CO2 regulator, solenoid and needle valve combo I should go with. Setting this one up for a marine tank so I would need something that's rust proof and accurate in terms of fine tuning bubble output. Tried to do some research by visiting the AquariumLife's archives but all the links seem to be dead.

I have heard quite good things about an electronic regulator by CarbonDoser (https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/carbo...lant-life.html), but it doesn't seem to be available in Australia at the moment.

I've been looking at the Tunze kits (7077/3 Regulator and Solenoid), the ISTAs and DYMAXs, but they all seem quite similar and I honestly have no idea which one to pick.

On a side note, if I were to run this solenoid in conjunction with a milwaukee PH controller that automatically shuts off the CO2, would any cheapo CO2 set up be fine?

Cheers.

I have never looked into marine tanks but why would they need Co2? I recommend Tunze regulators they are pretty bomb proof.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion!

Reefers use Co2 for Calcium Reactors. The simplest explanation is that Co2 is used to drop the PH within these reactors to essentially melt dead coral skeletons into minerals that fertilise living ones in the display tank.

Comment

Originally posted by vari View Post
        Thanks for the suggestion!

Reefers use Co2 for Calcium Reactors. The simplest explanation is that Co2 is used to drop the PH within these reactors to essentially melt dead coral skeletons into minerals that fertilise living ones in the display tank.
        Oh interesting! I have 2 Tunze regs (they dont have solenoids) and they have been super stable / reliable!

Comment

Get one of those algae palette to feed your betta fish. In few weeks, your fish will turn into reddish color which is nice!! I did and my betta fish look fierce! *wink* There are some ingredient call canthaxanthin that makes any animal that consume them, will turn to red or just a hind of red.

Comment

Having it PH Regulated stops the main drawback of cheaper regulators dumping as the tank runs low. I personally run an Ebay solenoid and regulator and a Milwaukee PH regulator. have had it on tanks ranging from 600L to 27L with Bubble count as low as < 1 bubble every 10 sec. Has been running without issue for 5 years now.

Comment

Working...
            X
            google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0