Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xitsurf
    replied
    ive just built a 'rex reactor' , external diy . I will test it out in the next few days and post a comment.
    hopefully a bit more efficent.

Leave a comment:

• DEFENDERZOOK
    replied
    what type of filter are you running......?

is there a reason why the return from a canister filter is not used to diffuse the co2.......?
    or are canisters too powerful for planted tanks......?

Leave a comment:

• Weq
    replied
    this is my version, pressurized co2 and a cheapy powerhead i had lieing around. cheapest smallest diffuser i could find. all up, about $20 i purchased new.

I run this on my 7gal.

i use an up! atomizer on my 40cm cube. the diffusion looks a little similiar, but u dont get the 'spread' or cloud that the atomizer brings.. similiar sized bubbles, but less coverage...

Leave a comment:

• ghengis
    replied
    I reckon something like the one in this thread would be pretty efficient... While not the prettiest or least inconspicuous, it is certainly cheap and effective...

I'd probably use a diffuser inside the reactor though, but that's just me being ocd...

Leave a comment:

• AEW
    replied
    with Dupla type S and Dupla 400, what you have to consider is the tube size and whether you want to invest in more powerhead/external pump.
    If you use the Eheim Professional filters or fluval filters, some comes with 12/16 tube and the inlet of the splitter (the little plastic connector that supposed to go in between the filter to the reactor) only comes in 12 mm and 10 mm. 12/16 tube is too big for these unless you want to use a pipe ring to tighten the green tubes or if you can find a convertor. So something to consider.

I'm using Dupla 400 and I dont think it's 100% dissolving the CO2 into the water because my indicator never turn green so I dont think it's a good one.

Hope that makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• pritch33
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr freedom View Post
    I bought a couple of things.. I didnt buy the intank one though, I bought a couple of the clear inlines & some other stuff.
    Next time I rebuild a tank & im not so wet behind the ears about it all, I might try one

30 for shipping
    Thanks for that
    The shipping makes it am expensive item
    Will have to wait

Thanks
    Ray

Leave a comment:

• Dr freedom
    replied
    I bought a couple of things.. I didnt buy the intank one though, I bought a couple of the clear inlines & some other stuff.
    Next time I rebuild a tank & im not so wet behind the ears about it all, I might try one

30 for shipping

Leave a comment:

• pritch33
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr freedom View Post
    Their site says to contact them regarding international shipping for anyone out of the US, Canada or the UK
    Ive sent an email asking.

*edit*
    Just got a reply, he said their site accepts orders, Ive placed one myself
    Interesting looking diffuser
    What was the price on shipping like

Thanks
    Ray

Leave a comment:

• Dr freedom
    replied
    Their site says to contact them regarding international shipping for anyone out of the US, Canada or the UK
    Ive sent an email asking.

*edit*
    Just got a reply, he said their site accepts orders, Ive placed one myself
    Last edited by Dr freedom; 03-05-11, 11:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Zane
    replied
    what do you folks think of this type?
    I have been hunting for these in Aus for quite a while and havent been able to get my hands on one. The gla website will not ship to australia. If anyone knows where I can get one can they please pm me

Leave a comment:

• Dr freedom
    replied
    what do you folks think of this type?

Leave a comment:

• aquariumtherapy
    replied
    Yes, defenderzook, there are different types of CO2. Industrial, food and hydroponics are the three I'm familiar with.

I disagree that renting necessarily costs more, khemo. It depends on how much CO2 you are using (based on filtration types & de-gassing rates), and how much a fill on a smaller bottle is costing you. I've run tanks (with trickle filters) that would use a 1.5kg bottle of CO2 in a 1-2 weeks. In those cases, renting was cheaper.

Leave a comment:

• DEFENDERZOOK
    replied
    Originally posted by aquariumtherapy View Post
    Make sure it's food grade CO2.

are there different types of co2......??
    i was thinking of using a fire extinguisher ive got sitting around......

Leave a comment:

• khemo
    replied
    The new-ish sera CO2 reactor is pretty good, that's what I'm using at the moment. Dissolves almost, if not 100% of the CO2 and is a lot cheaper than Dupla or Aquamedic.

Renting will cost more in the long run.
    Last edited by khemo; 22-04-11, 08:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• aquariumtherapy
    replied
    Also, have you tried simply renting a large bottle from whatever Gas company supplies CO2 (It is BOC gases here in SA... I assume that they would be in Tassie too). Make sure it's food grade CO2. Rental will cost you around $30-$40 per month for the bottle, plus about the same for a fill when you need it filled... but it will probably last you 12 months.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0