NQ Algae Shrimp turning milky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grubs View Post
    Scutariella isn't an Australian genus in the key (link below) and looking at random google pics Scutariella japonica is much much smaller and not pigmented. I suggest you have a different species of temnocephalid. Any planaria/hydra treatment will get rid of them if you get sick of salt dips. Fenbendazole (Panacur), No Planaria etc.

Have a crack at the key if you have a good magnifier/microscope. Key to the genera and checklist of species of Australian temnocephalans (Temnocephalida)
    LEGEND, thanks Grubs. I was going off what I was able to Google and also ran it past Jeff to see if he knew what it was. I was wondering why these were dark brown and not white, also a fair bit larger.
    I was slat dipping as its all I had on hand. Ive read no planaria can rid them of it but I dont have any to use.

Comment

There must be something wrong. Because once you feed them with algae discs, your shrimp suppose to turn into somehow reddish color after some time. But yours turned white. Thats what they did to Flamingo, to make them turn to pinkish sort of red.

Comment

Really glad I found this thread before ordering NQ Algae Shrimp from LCA

Comment

Working...
        X
        google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0