Shrimp Tank Update - Pic Heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shrimp Tank Update - Pic Heavy

I ended up rescaping my shrimp tank to allow it to be easily cleaned and so that I could actually see all the shrimp.

Everything is going very well and they have started to breed like crazy.

It is a dedicated Taiwan Bee tank.

Full tank Shot

And a bunch of Shrimp and Shrimplets.

Whatever

Well that was a lot of effort for no replies. LOL.
    Whatever

Comment

Superb work!

That sand is so clean and the shrimp look super healthy. CRS keeping has never been made to look so easy.

Comment

Thanks Rebel.

No poxy CRS for me mate. LOL.

Taiwan Bees for FTW !!!!!!!
        Whatever

Comment

Nice work dude! Looks really nice.

It's mostly different anubias in there right? They look very healthy. I have tried various types of anubias but they are very slow growing and some just end up with algae.

Do you add any ferts for the anubias? Also what's the plant floating at the top? I can just see the roots.

Comment

I had to look up the difference between the Taiwan bees and CRS again. I'd forgotten the difference.

Comment

Lovely blues

Comment

Originally posted by Monty1089 View Post

It's mostly different anubias in there right? They look very healthy. I have tried various types of anubias but they are very slow growing and some just end up with algae.

Do you add any ferts for the anubias? Also what's the plant floating at the top? I can just see the roots.
                If you have dedicated anubias tanks you can get away with very little to no light and therefore algae can be avoided. I have issues with putting them into a mix with other plants. One exception is coffeefolia which likes a bit more light anyway and does well in mixed plant tanks.

Comment

Thanks for the chart Rebel, its be great to be able to buy some of the CRS's on the chart, but I find it hard enough to buys standards like red cherries and yellow on the Mornington Peninsular at a reasonable price. Come to think of it I need some more shrimp in my tank.........

Comment

Originally posted by Monty1089 View Post

Various Anubias, Buce, Flame Moss, Mini Pelia and Fissiden. Nothing that needs to be planted in the substrate. I got rid of the other mosses as they got out of control to easily.

The floating plant is Frogbit.

I have reasonable lighting but have no issue with algae on the plants. The glass is another story however a quick once over with an old credit card when I do a water change does the trick.
                    Whatever

Comment

Originally posted by happyfins View Post
                      If you have dedicated anubias tanks you can get away with very little to no light and therefore algae can be avoided. I have issues with putting them into a mix with other plants. One exception is coffeefolia which likes a bit more light anyway and does well in mixed plant tanks.
                      Yeah spot on. Unfortunately i have never kept a dedicated anubias tank. I just throw them in a tank with a bunch of other plants

I normally put anubias in a shaded area of my tank but still not enough to save some species of anubias. Anubias nana and barteri tend to do well for me though.

Originally posted by BigDaddyAdo View Post
                      Various Anubias, Buce, Flame Moss, Mini Pelia and Fissiden. Nothing that needs to be planted in the substrate. I got rid of the other mosses as they got out of control to easily.

The floating plant is Frogbit.

I have reasonable lighting but have no issue with algae on the plants. The glass is another story however a quick once over with an old credit card when I do a water change does the trick.
                      Nice variety of plants. I need to try buce one day.

I haven't tried frogbit but have tried duckweed. It grew like a weed and was everywhere!! I managed to get rid of every last bit of it never to be tried again. I might give frogbit a go since it is a lot bigger than duckweed and hopefully won't be a pest.

Good luck with the tank man

Comment

If you need some duckweed let me know. I have plenty. You dont need much to start off.

I have also noticed tonight that several of my Buce are flowering !!!!!
                        Whatever

Comment

Any more shrimp photos? Love the tank.

Comment

I seem to have a low shrimplet survival rate and have had far too many adults keel over. No idea why but haven't had much time lately to focus on it.

The only upside is I think I have enough shrimplets surviving to replace the adults I have lost. It just means that the colony isn't growing as fast as I was hoping for.
                            Whatever

Comment

Bdo, maybe try to keep tds 180, gH 6, kH 0. My friend in Canberra swears by it and he keeps all those tricky shrimp.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0