X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UnderwaterSquat
    replied
    This was a great starting point in my research for shrimp!
    Thanks heaps

Leave a comment:

• Shrimp haven
    replied
    Thanks for ur time and effort puttjng into typing this out.
    Will Teach others that even tho we always hear
    ".. cherrys R EASY to keep &... They R MOR 4GIVING.."
    they too hav ther own requirements. & its a commitment, Looking after these guys too.
    The Not to treat these guys with mor effort, & not think "cherrys r mor forgiving so i will can get away with this and that.."(even tho its true- but not to abused them for it)..
    B mor responsible! Treat cherrys as u would with chrystals too..
    All deserves care and love.. (& U will b rewarded in fut-Cha 2Come)
    Cheers

Leave a comment:

• winnalit
    replied
    Wow this is just perfect! just a question are snow whites completely white CRS?

Leave a comment:

• kebbard
    replied
    Originally posted by hellopanda View Post
    hi, i was just gonna ask, do you need to have them by themselves or can you have them with other fish, e.g. not fully matured guppies??
    I keep my Guppy fry with my RCS with no problems, as soon as i can sex them they get relocated

Leave a comment:

• DiscusEden
    replied
    If you want to breed high grade shrimp then they have to be by themselves (or with ottos). If you're not fussed about the grade, but just want to keep them, there is a list of fish that are safer with shrimp in the beginner's stickies, under "Plants and Tank Companions". The only fish that are truly safe with shrimp are ottos.

If you want more information on the fish in the list, have a look in the articles section under "fish".

Leave a comment:

• hellopanda
    replied
    hi, i was just gonna ask, do you need to have them by themselves or can you have them with other fish, e.g. not fully matured guppies??

Leave a comment:

• phear
    replied
    Originally posted by Chazzam View Post
    For those of you using RO water, do you treat the water with minerals (Benibachi mineral powder for example) ? Would be very helpful to know that, cheers
    And also, with the benibachi balls, do they help in the long run?
    Cheers
    i know im not using an ro unit but i use half rainwater half tap water and seems to be working well, also alot cheaper than buying an ro unit

Leave a comment:

• Chazzam
    replied
    For those of you using RO water, do you treat the water with minerals (Benibachi mineral powder for example) ? Would be very helpful to know that, cheers
    And also, with the benibachi balls, do they help in the long run?
    Cheers

Leave a comment:

• s55amg
    replied
    Thumbs up for the RO unit! I am using one as well, and it has been perfect!

Leave a comment:

• aquariumtherapy
    replied
    Penthrox, Please clear your inbox!

Leave a comment:

• Feng
    replied
    +1 for the excellent work

Leave a comment:

• mayc
    replied
    Thanks for the write up.
    Last edited by mayc; 01-07-12, 08:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• !JonZap!
    replied
    great read, it should help many beginners

Leave a comment:

• DiscusEden
    replied
    Excellent work Penthrox, really impressive!

Might be worth mentioning that your water hardness, even in Adelaide, varies depeding on the dam you're supplied by. There is one supplying parts of the Hills (and I think maybe some of the Southern suburbs like Aberfoyle Park?) which has a clay basin, and so gives very soft water.

There are also the Biomax foods - it's probably going to be impossible to get an exhaustive list of the appropriate legal imports.

Another alternative for cooling (although you did mention that there were others) is using your air con. If you have a large number of tanks, and good insulation, this might end up being cheaper and more efficient in the long run - although we'll see how that pans out after the new tax.

Thanks again for doing this - brilliant job!

Leave a comment:

• jake savva
    replied
    great write up has helped me heaps with seting up my new shrimp tank
    jake

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0