• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loach View Post
    good write up, sticky +1
    Thanks Mate

Originally posted by Mrs Dragon View Post
    This is AWSOME!!! My first CRS is berried up and I am terrified as everyone says they are so hard to breed and so finicky. Thanks for helping me get a level head again and giving me the advice I need.
    Not sure if it was me that helped but thanks for the thanks Glad to see if has helped someone.

btw- shrimp arent affected by nitrite. correct me if im wrong.
    Personally I would disagree, from all the reports I have read they state they are very susceptable to nitrite. I am not a chemist or biologist but I can only assume if it is bad for fish it is 100 times worse for shrimp, due to their sensitive nature.

Originally posted by Sprae View Post
    Great work Penthrox! I wish I read this before I started. Slowly getting back on track now.

Chiller question - if there's no canister filter what type of chiller would work direct into tank?
    As foxpuppet said a standard power head will work fine. Unfortunately the Aquaclear filter that comes with the edge will not be able to run it as there is no way to connect the chiller to it. Think of a chiller as a canister filter as it needs an inlet and an outlet. There would need to be a pump to be able to assist you with that, however with the pricing of decent pumps a canister filter is right around the same price The more filtration the better.

Originally posted by heavyd View Post
    Nice one mate! The more info the better.
    Thanks mate, means alot.

Originally posted by Graeme View Post
    Nice work on a clean easy to understand thread on CRS

It has become a stickie.
    Would you like me to remove the 2 posts between where you saved spots? ( keep it cleaner)

Graeme
    Hi Graeme, thanks for making this a sticky, makes me feel good to know that it was appreciated. Anything I can do to help the community the better. In relation to deleting the posts to make it cleaner, that would be great but is there any chance we could move them below to allow the comments to stay? If not then I will leave it in your very capable hands. Thanks for taking the time out, I know you have a busy time on here

Originally posted by Brushy View Post
    Penthrox, you are a LEGEND!! Congrats mate for writing this - been desperately needed for a long time.

The only thing I'd like to suggest is perhaps add a comment about copper.
    Thanks Bushy, I will add a part on copper now. It was 0130 when I finished this and it totally slipped my mind. Thanks for the heads up.

Is there anything else anyone wants to see or contribute with. This isn't my thread but a thread that anyone who has the experience or knowledge can add their own wisdom to help keep the coolest shrimp alive

Comment

Great work Penthrox.

I would recommend links to Brushy's troubleshooting guide where appropriate http://www.aquariumlife.com.au/conte...elf-help-guide
      and her thread on shrimplet survival http://www.aquariumlife.com.au/showt...pm)?highlight=

Also, the common tank maintenence issues like how to address algae & pests such as planaria/hydra etc safely with H2O2, No Planaria & others.

Good job so far.
      Bardus's Scape History Photo Album

Comment

As foxpuppet said a standard power head will work fine. Unfortunately the Aquaclear filter that comes with the edge will not be able to run it as there is no way to connect the chiller to it. Think of a chiller as a canister filter as it needs an inlet and an outlet. There would need to be a pump to be able to assist you with that, however with the pricing of decent pumps a canister filter is right around the same price The more filtration the better.
        Thanks Penthrox, looks like I need to get my self a cannister filter + chiller before summer! There goes the budget and wifey will not be impressed...
        CRS, CBS, DAS, DRN & RCS in a Fluval Edge 23L

Comment

very informative good onya

Comment

good work mate!
            ive read some people are using the dried algae sheets for food from asian grocers with good success too!
            and indian almond leaves which mine love!

Comment

Thanks for all the info, a great read

Comment

This is a fantastic write up.

It's hard to know what's readily available in regard to food's these days. I just wanted to say that Mosura is a great brand that seem's to be floating around a bit. I have used the Mosura products for about 2 years now and have to say the breeding rates are great.

Also perhaps change the UP soil pic, the shrimp sand which is shrimp specific is available and is such a nice soil but the packaging is different to your pic. Just so people don't go and buy according to pics alone.

Well done again.

Comment

Originally posted by phear View Post
                  good work mate!
                  ive read some people are using the dried algae sheets for food from asian grocers with good success too!
                  and indian almond leaves which mine love!
                  seaweed? Is that what you mean?
                  "You wouldnt have that problem with a V8"

Comment

Great job

My CRS is crazy to get on Algae Wafer.

Comment

Originally posted by Estimative_Index View Post
                      This is a fantastic write up.

It's hard to know what's readily available in regard to food's these days. I just wanted to say that Mosura is a great brand that seem's to be floating around a bit. I have used the Mosura products for about 2 years now and have to say the breeding rates are great.

Also perhaps change the UP soil pic, the shrimp sand which is shrimp specific is available and is such a nice soil but the packaging is different to your pic. Just so people don't go and buy according to pics alone.

Well done again.
                      Thanks mate,

I will add mosura to the food list shortly, the upaqua pic has now been changed. Do you know of any suppliers in Aus as that is my next step. To add any suppliers into a list so people know where to purchase the gear from!

Thanks all.

Comment

jag, aquascape design, aquagreen sell plantsp, liverpool creek sell plants. and bc cell up aqua, exotic are gonna sell borneowild and they probably sell more
                        "You wouldnt have that problem with a V8"

Comment

Originally posted by Penthrox View Post
                          Thanks mate,

I will add mosura to the food list shortly, the upaqua pic has now been changed. Do you know of any suppliers in Aus as that is my next step. To add any suppliers into a list so people know where to purchase the gear from!

Thanks all.
                          Will I get a 15% discount if I mention supplier's lol.. JK mods..

Last I heard Barry at B&C was selling Mosura and UP but I'm not sure the status on that these days. I purchased a bulk amount myself a long time ago and have not had the need to buy anymore yet.

Anyway, your doing a great job of this mate I hope you keep updating it as you progress through the hobby.

Cheers

Comment

Well Done mate, perfect write up and I am sure
                            shrimp keepers will benefit from all the information to get started into shrimp keeping.

Cheers, Jag

Comment

so helpful thanks

Comment

seaweed? Is that what you mean?
                                thats the 1! have not tried it yet but when i find some ill be trying it for sure!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0