• Show
Clear All

• maruata
    replied
    Great INFo on the cherries!!! Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Panda
    replied
    I love my little fellas. I started with 6, and my partner and I would spend a solid 30mins trying to find them. We got anotehr 4 from a differeing LFS (mix up the genes a bit!) and I think they feel much more comfortable in larger numbers as they own the tank now. They have bullied the White Clouds into submission!!

Leave a comment:

• dtangtra
    replied
    Wow.. Great tips. Thank you. As I currently have 2 RCS and would not be able to identify which 1 is male or female. Turns out 1 of each.

Leave a comment:

• eciuj
    replied
    Nice writeup. I've started taking more and more of an interest in shrimp and will probably add them to my upcoming community tank. Should help add to the ecosystem
    Last edited by eciuj; 18-04-13, 03:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• neosin
    replied
    i just got about 20 new cherries in my tank

i have guppies in the tank as well and the guppies keep poking them but can't eat them as the are too big :P

These shrimps are tanks, they can take a hard beating so I would recommend these to people starting out on shrimps like myself

Leave a comment:

• jayson6464
    replied
    Great writing thanks for the info and sharing your knowledge.

Leave a comment:

• fox
    replied
    Thanks Juls. Very helpful for me bringing home a few red shrimps with my new bristle nose this morning.
    Last edited by fox; 19-03-13, 12:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gravychic
    replied
    Thanks so much for this article, very informative!

Leave a comment:

• Juls
    replied
    If they are protected in the sump, and are doing well I see no reason not to leave well enough alone.

Shrimp do best if left to there own devices.

Cheers
    Juls

Leave a comment:

• sosboots
    replied
    Hi I just joined the forum because of reading this article, I had a old Marine tank that I turned back into a tropical tank. About a week after getting plants / rocks from a friend of mine I noticed 3 of these's shrimp living in the sump filter, so I added more plants and added more light just to keep them happy. after reading this I opened the sump to see if they are still there and they are 2 big red ones one completely see threw and about 15 very very small grey things . My question is because they are going so good without any help should i just let them do there thing or is there anything I can do that will help them.

Leave a comment:

• Juls
    replied
    Unlikely, most don't bother if they have reliable supply at a good price.

Some of the lfs I have delt with could sell easily 150-200 cherrys a week, I was one of 4-5 people who supplied,

The problem is most lfs are not interested in your junk, they want 15-20mm shrimp 200 at a time at a very low price if you want cash, better for trade. I don't blame them, if you wouldn't buy em back why should they buy em at all. They need to be able to sell them.

I have abandoned a few shops though, I have given them good deals and they sold then at fair prices for awhile (200-300% markup) but then put them up to silly prices (1200-2000% markup) so I stopped supplying them, if I give them a good deal I expect them to pass it on, I feel like I have done something for the hobby by scratching everyone's back. If the shop doesn't pass it on no point dealing with them.

Juls

Leave a comment:

• sk1001
    replied
    Originally posted by Juls View Post
    Trade at your lfs, sell them, give them away.

Some people like to feed larger fish.

You should cull any that have particularily bad genes, such as shell defects or no color.

Or at least separate from your breeding group.

Juls
    Do LFSs really take them? I would have thought they would be pumping out their own in rediculous numbers faster than they can sell.

Leave a comment:

• mr_c265
    replied
    Send them to me my colony is a little lacking on numbers :P

Leave a comment:

• Juls
    replied
    Trade at your lfs, sell them, give them away.

Some people like to feed larger fish.

You should cull any that have particularily bad genes, such as shell defects or no color.

Or at least separate from your breeding group.

Juls

Leave a comment:

• sk1001
    replied
    Good writeup.

I'm curious to know what you guys do when there become too many shrimp. Sell? Feed to fish? Cull?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0