Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will be interesting to see if it grows out, and or remains after the next moult. Darn difficult to follow unless you separate that one out in its own.

Juls

Comment

Originally posted by Kangus View Post
      nice write-up thanks Juls and 2nd-ing what bardus said, dont let them get into native waterways if you can help it, they are true surviors!
      but I just released 10 fat/juicy and fully preggy moms on the local creek last weekend...

Tank1: 48in x 18in x 28in | filter: 2x2000LPH canister | substrate: DIY substrate | fertilizer: EI+pressurized CO2 | light: 2x54W+2x150W
      Tank2: 24in x 12in x 12in (blackwater and non-planted)

Comment

found this beauty last night while rumaging around the tank - been spotting a few of this quality the last few week.

what do folks think of this - Male or Female?

Amateur Shrimpkeeper

Comment

Found this in my tank today. Sorry for the blurry phone pic.

IMG_20120321_170924.jpg

Comment

Also have a bunch of these with what looks like a hard white back These were raised inside my Eheim 2217 in pitch black for months until I covered my intake and did a filter clean. The offsprings seem to have the same look.

whiteback.jpg

Comment

I hope you're going to try and breed that guy with the pale band, would be great to get it nice and solid.

If not and you want to pass it on to a breeder that will let me know :-) Always happy to trade to add something new and interesting. But hoping you'll breed it, nice shrimp
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by foxpuppet View Post
                found this beauty last night while rumaging around the tank - been spotting a few of this quality the last few week.

what do folks think of this - Male or Female?

so i'm at least 99% sure it's a confirmed male. i put it in a tank with just a single fire red quality female and she is now berried 10 days later.
                Amateur Shrimpkeeper

Comment

Originally posted by nogi View Post
                  Also have a bunch of these with what looks like a hard white back These were raised inside my Eheim 2217 in pitch black for months until I covered my intake and did a filter clean. The offsprings seem to have the same look.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6306[/ATTACH]
                  It's a bit hard to tell from the photo, but is the "white back" the indicator saddle of a female about the berry up?

Comment

Originally posted by John h View Post
                    It's a bit hard to tell from the photo, but is the "white back" the indicator saddle of a female about the berry up?
                    No, the males have them as well. Almost looks like a backbone.

Comment

Very good write up as I am now really getting into RCS. I have 10 or so in my community tank and a couple of them are loaded with eggs. they love the java moss and its always fun to watch them come out and do there stuff. my community fish seem to leave them alone as well which is a big relief.

Comment

Thanks for posting.

Comment

I finally got around to reading this and am very happy I did. Really excellent work Juls!

Comment

Considering my stock of cherries went right down from hundreds to probably under 20 due to moving house, reshaping and fish casualties I was stoked to see this girl hanging out on a leaf today. Lots of my shrimp used to look like this.
                            I'll try anything twice.

Comment

Managed to capture this using iPhone

aLan

Comment

Impressive write up Juls.
                                Thanks for taking the time to do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0