Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fantastic writeup!! can't agree with you more about cherries cos in my opinion they are just as entertaining to watch and breed as other types of shrimps if one puts heart and mind into it. and the best thing is they r tough guys to have around!
    Better to kiss your wife goodbye when you leave the house than to kiss your house goodbye when the wife leaves you.

Comment

hey im new to the shrimp scene im about to set up a tank for these guys this post has helped me out thanks heaps

Comment

hi thanks for the post fanstatic write up i learn alot from them thanks

Comment

What an awesome read, thank you so much for taking the time ; )

Comment

Just set my tank up for shrimp. Great read to get me started.

Thanks

Rob

Comment

Wow great read. Should help alot of people out with this thread.

Comment

Thanks for the history, it suprised me to note that something i had been given the impression was well established, is infact a recent (less than a decade) addition to the Aussie hobby, and more to the point they come from clandestine origins.
                Im new to the hobby (shrimp) but got an excellent deal from another member here (purchased 20 individuals) by the sounds of things ill have an established colony soon.
                Theyve become good tank mates with my Betta fry in a well planted 30cm cube tank.
                Guess ill start looking to see if any local stocks are being linebred for interesting variations (a little like breeding betta splendens)

Comment

Fantastic post, I appreciate your time and effort

Comment

Hoping to start a keeping shrimp with fish article soon, I've started collecting photos, but I can see this will be a big article already!

Juls

Comment

Great informative read that makes u appreciate cherries more

Comment

Awesome post on cherry shrimps. I just started on keeping cherries as well in a specific tank for them. Would it be possible to mixed them with CRS?
                        CRS, CBS, DAS, DRN & RCS in a Fluval Edge 23L

Comment

There is no problem keeping RCS in a CRS tank,

However keeping CRS in a RCS tank doesn't always work.

By this I mean that CRS being more specific about there water conditions that the tank should be setup for CRS 1. And the RCS 2.

The cherrys will easily adapt to CRS tank and water conditions however CRS won't necessarily adapt to conditions that cherrys can live in.

Juls

Comment

A+ post very helpful thank you
                            Casey.
                            (Aquascaping and shrimp keeping)

Comment

found an unusual looking cherry shrimp in one of my tanks in the garage. the tank has been a bit neglected since the last crayfish escaped so i dont w/c or do anything out there very often. it had about a dozen or maybe 20 shrimp in it with some plants and driftwood.

this is the one in the centre of the pic

hard to see, but it seemed to have white spots on it's tail body and legs.
                              Amateur Shrimpkeeper

Comment

Could be from using good old b-town water. I hope you dont live near the village.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0