• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DestinyInk
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave View Post
    Thanks Dawn,
    I actually started to fix, or should I say respond to the State and Territory Government comments from the last submission to change the import status of Leggetts Rainbowfish. The only state that objected was WA but they made many objections. Then I may get back onto the shrimp.

Cheers
    Dave
    Very cool Dave

With all the awesome large impact things you are achieving its like I know a celebrity

P.S. CARDINAL SHRIMP ARE AWESOME ahaha I want some pretty bad. Good luck with the tedious process!

Leave a comment:

• Dave
    replied
    Thanks Dawn,
    I actually started to fix, or should I say respond to the State and Territory Government comments from the last submission to change the import status of Leggetts Rainbowfish. The only state that objected was WA but they made many objections. Then I may get back onto the shrimp.

Cheers
    Dave

Leave a comment:

• nchanted
    replied
    Need a proof reader Dave? let me know.. take care Dawn

Leave a comment:

• Dave
    replied
    Hello Shaun85, do you want to finish it and submit the report to the Govt Agency what ever they are called now, Dept of the Environment I think. Phone me on 08 8983 1483 and I will tell you some of the fun bits getting something approved for the live import list. I did it back when the EPBC Act first came on line with Peacock Gudgeons.

http://www.angfa.org.au/peacockrpt-final.html

Leave a comment:

• Shaun85
    replied
    Was just curious if anyone ended up taking up the completion of the report for this?

Leave a comment:

• mr_c265
    replied
    I did a bit on the copy that i had, not sure if that was the latest, it looked like it was getting pretty close to finished. Not sure if i sent the last edits i made to you Dave, i'll dig it up and find it.

Leave a comment:

• Dave
    replied
    The report is not finished. I did it to show it is possible to get new things added to the allowable import list and have offered my business as a conduit to import these should the application be successful. It seems no one wants to help finish the report. I think that there is a fee now. If tyou want a copy send me a private message, if you have an aquarium business then you are welcome to take over the report and submit it through the proper channels.

Cheers
    Dave

Leave a comment:

• newbreed
    replied
    Great shrimp, but wanted to see if anything had been changed in regards to importing them?

Seems like an amazing amount of work was done to go through the right procedures by the aforementioned forum members and was hoping they had been rewarded for their hard work.

Thanks to all for their contribution toward expanding the legal options for shrimp keepers.

I would be interested in getting some cardinals but not interested in illegals.

Leave a comment:

• planted
    replied
    these shrimp are in the country, saw them for sale a few days ago. i suspect illegally though, like a lot of other shrimp floating around the place that people are asking huge $$$ for...
    Last edited by planted; 28-08-13, 11:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• newbreed
    replied
    Has there been any further developments regarding this report??

Leave a comment:

• DiscusEden
    replied
    Dave, which sections are left to complete? That might help to get volunteers?

Leave a comment:

• Dave
    replied
    Hello Chris,

There has been no contact with the Govt so there is no clock ticking on this. I have been working on Glossolepis leggettii and have submitted the report to the Federal Govt, they have sent it to all the stakeholders. The WA Govt asked some questions that have to be addressed in the final report. Once I have done this the final report is assessed by the Dept of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities. (DOSEWPAC)

I have been fluffing around with lots of other things and not spent much time on it lately. One report I did made it through the system and the fish was added onto the allowable import list. i had heaps of help. You can read the report and the results on the ANGFA web site.

http://www.angfa.org.au/projects.html

Once this got through the boffins in the Dept added more rules and made it more difficult. I can send you the report on the shrimp written as per the directions in the Govt depts guidelines. It has a few sections to go, once it is written I will submit it as part of a business import. If successful the shrimps will become an allowable import but I will also culture them in my aquaculture facility. Not many people keep going with these projects because of the size and perceived difficult nature and low financial returns.

If you want copies of the current reort send me a PM with an email address. Anyone who contributes will get free shrimps if we are successful getting them in and breeding. I had a chap around last night who has been to lake Metano

Cheers
    Dave

Leave a comment:

• mr_c265
    replied
    Just wondering if this is still going ahead? I know its rather late in the development, but i'd be happy to help if there is anything that needs doing. I'm a chemical and biomolecular engineering student, which isn't all that useful for this purpose, but research, report writing and editing are all strong points. Once this is finalized, id be happy to help reword for other related shrimp species if need be.

Leave a comment:

• Dave
    replied
    Send me a pm with your name and an email address that will accept a few mb. I'll send you tthe draft. You can have a go at writing a chapter or looking for papers and other info to support the info already there.

Cheers
    Dave

Leave a comment:

• Ciaran Early
    replied
    Can I help in anyway? Biochemical background.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0