Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think we've all got a bit snowed under and this has stalled for now. Kimbo, send Dave a PM as he's coordinating who is doing what (alternatively, have a look at the skeleton outline and volunteer for something?).

Comment

• I have been going out bush a bit lately, all the plants are dwindling because it has been so cold. Will get back into it soon but have to make a few dollars while the work is there. We had a few difficulties with the copy at the start of the thread. I have the latest version here if any one wants a copy.

Cheers
      Dave

Comment

• Just posting this link in so we can find it again when needed.

http://www.shrimpnow.com/forums/show...TER-PARAMETERS

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave View Post
          The EPBC Act report needs to be approved first because BA wont even consider a disease risk assessment unless the Environment Risk assessment is complete and approved. From what everyone has written there is much interest in the Harlequin Shrimp and I think it will be easier to have one species put up for approval first. The others will probably fail if there is a feral population somewhere. (Thanks Brushy)

If the EPBC Act import risk assessment is accepted then the process starts with Biosecurity Australia who advise AQIS. If it is OK I will compile the report for the EPBC Act by editing the first part of this thread, Carolyn has taken the questions from their DOSEWPAC web site, I have put them in there edited.

Coordination - A word of warning with the Government - if 20 people try to do this in all different directions and contact the Government separately they will tear us apart. There needs to be one representative for the job.

I will suggest Aquagreen as a commercial Breeder and Jodi-Lea as the importer, if that is OK with her. If they become legal to import there will be plenty of conditions that will be tedius and may be expensive so there needs to be a commercial reward.

Using the Peacock Gudgeon report is not a good idea, it is dated and would most likely fail now. I wrote it with help and it nearly failed back then. Each time you get somewhere with the Gov depts change the rules to make it harder. That is their nature, moving the goal posts.

The first post is altered to start the report.

Daniel, is there a way to make the URLs come out in full in the first post for the references.

Cheers
          Dave
          I have found this quite late it appears but if you still need some assistance, I am up for it. I have a science background with an Agricultural Science degree and lots of aquaculture experience and commercial experience in the Australian Aquarium&Pet Industry. I also work for a major Australian University so I have online access to all Australian and many overseas databases and scientific journals. I can help with simple things like IT problems or more complex things like editing and formatting proposals and scientific papers.

However, it would be best if there were only one central person who co-ordinates and delegates tasks to be done. I don't want to be a thinker or planner, just happy to be a plodder. Just let me know if I can be of assistance.

Winston

Comment

• Things are quite hectic here during the dry season. I will probably get back to this when I catch up on a few things. If you want a copy of the report to date send me a PM with an email address that you can receive a word doc and I will send you a copy.

Cheers
            Dave

Comment

• Dave has sent me the latest report as he's snowed for a couple of weeks, I've added some updates & played with it so we can clearly see what needs doing - all volunteers gratefully accepted.

Anything that hasn't been completed in the update that is being uploaded hopefully tomorrow (thanks to Solomon) still needs work. If you want to put your hands up on this thread, so you're not all working on the same area would be great. Seeing the ongoing interest by people like Kimbo is fabulous! All enthusiasm most welcome, this is going to need to be a group effort, so please jump in group!

It is coming on slowly, as you can see, and as you'll see from the list of references at the bottom, there are some leads for those interested. There are also some areas partly written up that need development, and others that need writing from scratch. Any and all contributions gratefully accepted, and even if you only get part of a section done, that's better than we currently have. If you can get it all done, even better!

Please post here what you're able to do, then pm Dave & myself with your updates.

In some areas I lost track of who had made the contribution, so please feel free to pm me if you recognise your work there, for updated corrections and recognition on the next version. If I don't get anywhere that way, or end up with obviously more than one person claiming the one area I'll have to backtrack through previous versions.

Thanks guys!
              "Weeds are just plants growing in the wrong place" - Jackie French
              Gardening is just racism for plants - Amber, The Old Guys

Comment

• Thanks Brushy,
                it will be much easier to prove that the species will not be a problem in this country if its water quality and other environmental requirements are such that they do not exist at all in this country. Even the Climex program does not match any part of Sulawesi when compared to Australia. However I do not have the latest version of climex. If anyone has a climate comparison program that will be a good thing to do, compare the climate of Sulawesi to all of Australia.

Cheers
                Dave

http://www.shrimpnow.com/forums/show...TER-PARAMETERS

Comment

• I finally got a couple Caridina books this week to get some more reference material, hopefully have some work done shortly

Comment

• Newest document added, its in hyperlinked text next to vspecs name, sorry I dont normally attach stuff

Comment

• Any progress?

Comment

• Ive got some information extracted from books and articles/journals etc, just need to get into the report, actually had a pm about it over the weekend, will be hopefully working on this a bit this week.

Comment

• any updates or progress??
                          "You wouldnt have that problem with a V8"

Comment

• I did some work a little while back and sent it to dave, there is still a little bit on it to be done but its looking pretty good!

Comment

• If any maps are needed for the reports, I'm happy to produce some.
                              Matt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kimbo View Post
                                I did some work a little while back and sent it to dave, there is still a little bit on it to be done but its looking pretty good!
                                cool! hope we can have them in aus eventually
                                "You wouldnt have that problem with a V8"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0