Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It will be more like push it over slowly. There is an immense amount of research required along with information massage after that.

Pick a section and find information about it, write it up, put it here or email it to me for inclusion in the final report. If we are successful the people who helped will be the fist to have the young of the imports.

Cheers
    Dave

Comment

• Ive sent a Google translate letter to the german enthusiast so hopefully it has translated ok and we get some good information back

Comment

• Thanks midnight, if we use information from a source we need to reference it to the publication.

Author (year) "Title of document", place of publication. The place of publication can be a URL.

Comment

• I just added a reference to part 10. It is not a refereed scientific journal but background info to help explain the reason behind the proposed addition to the live import list.

Comment

• If you have German material let me know. My wife is German and between her and myself we can get things into context to meet the requirements for the documentation.
            sigpic

Comment

• Hi Dave, I'll take Section 4. I presume we write a paragraph or so addressing (a) to (z), rather than write an answer for each sub heading?

If you have any papers you think can help me out, can please bounce them to me? I've only managed to find the one I sent you by Yue and Chang.

Comment

• Hi Dave,
                I'll work on this section of Section 12 - the rest is a bit beyond me at first glance, although I'll look again when I've knocked the first bit over. I thought that would be a pushover bit to volunteer for, but the sods have changed the legislation, and it means reading through it all and chasing it down! Nevermind, I have a good project now, lol:

12. State/ Territory controls

Outline any Commonwealth, state, or territory legislative controls on the species and provide information on any other relevant assessments that have been made of the species.
                As each state and territory of Australia has different legislation regarding legally keeping different species, and some states/ territories prohibit keeping certain animals, therefore please check what the restrictions each state/ territory imposes.
                Are you aware of quarantine requirements for bringing live animals into Australia? Is the species you are proposing to have added to the Live Import List allowed to be imported under the Quarantine Act 1908?
                "Weeds are just plants growing in the wrong place" - Jackie French
                Gardening is just racism for plants - Amber, The Old Guys

Comment

• Thanks Carolyn,
                  I was working on 1 and 2 last night. I'll email the word doc. I have the Terms of reference in blue text, the guide in green text and the report that has been composed in black text. I'll figure out how to get that up later when some of the other jobs are under control.

Anyone else interested in getting the word doc in progress send me a pm with an email address.

Cheers
                  Dave

Comment

• Thanks Brushy,

I'll see what other references I have if any. All the URL's I have are on the bottom of that word doc I sent this morning earlier. When Chris Lukhaup gets back to Germany we will humbug him for more info on the biology of the species. He will put us in contact with more shrimp breeders.

Cheers
                    Dave

Comment

• Unfortunately I haven't heard back from the breeder I emailed .... possible my email hit the spam folder or was lost in translation

Comment

• Thanks for trying Midnight. We will wait for Chris Lukhaup to get home, perhaps we can get an introduction to some breeders. I was contacted first, they would like some of our Australian Shrimps and I have export permission from this end just need to be able to satisfy the import conditions at the other end and demonstrate to the Authorities at this end we can do that. It is quite complicated especially with a small shipment. Cheers Dave

Comment

• The last few attempts to upgrade the front report have failed. The message repeated below has popped up. I have sent the message to the required email address.

Cheers
                          Dave

Internal Server Error
                          The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
                          Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
                          More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
                          Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Comment

• I've added the full document to Dave's original post as an attachment, you should be able to download / view it in .doc format. If this method is not working for anyone please post here.

Comment

• Keep up the good work guys, and thanks for taking this on as i'm sure that I would be of no help at all on a project like this.
                              Hopefully this will all pay off for the hobby in general and we can get some more amazing looking shrimp in!
                              I'll try anything twice.

Comment

• Wow this looks amazing, good work so far guys! If there is anything I can help with let me know

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0