Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question re: Plant selection

Hi all,

Quick question regarding plant selection, While doing a setup, I know in my head what kind I want the plants to be but have no idea of what are called. Just wanna find out how did you guys do it initially? You had a vision and how did you go about finding the plants that match your vision?

Best to just read on forums, Facebook, watch the YouTube guys and read websites - Liverpool Creek Aquarium has a good selection. You can also look at brands like Tropica but be ware a lot of what they sell isn't available in Aus.

Comment

Originally posted by Subdaman View Post
      Hi all,

Quick question regarding plant selection, While doing a setup, I know in my head what kind I want the plants to be but have no idea of what are called. Just wanna find out how did you guys do it initially? You had a vision and how did you go about finding the plants that match your vision?
      It's best to draw your vision on paper. Then decide on which shape is required. There is no need to bother with difficult plants if the shape can be achieved with an easy variety. Once you have the shapes jotted down, then decide on species or ask for help on various channels.

I usually just wing it using what I have at hand....Sometimes some plants just randomly grow in my tank and it looks good so I trim to keep in place.

Visualising a final tank is quite an advanced technique and will require heaps of experience I reckon.

Good luck!

Comment

Initially I suggest people to just copy a layout.

https://tropica.com/en/inspiration/

Comment

Originally posted by Subdaman View Post
          Hi all,

As Sweefu pointed out .. Youtube videos and mostly forums. Some members have incredible tanks with amazing selection of plants.

Sometimes your lfs may have a really nice planted display tanks. Unfortunately i don't have that where i live so i just look online.

Originally posted by Rebel View Post
          Initially I suggest people to just copy a layout.

https://tropica.com/en/inspiration/
          Very nice. I didn't know about this. However i couldn't really replicate any of those tanks lol

Comment

Working...
          X
          google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0