New fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New fish

I chucked excess plants into an outside 50lt tank a couple months ago ,this tank was half filled with rain water.& now covered with red root floaters &Lots of java fern. Couldnt see inside the tank due to glass being coated in thick green algae.
    Today i was going to clean the tank & found about 10 black neons & also some Glolight tetras. These fish are about half adult size & gorgeous healthy little fish.
    No feedings & only rain water topups, just goes to show accidental breeding is also very satisfying .
    These fish will be going back inside when the weather cools .

That is completely awesome! I have a small colony of Corydoras Sterbai in my main planted tank that breed accidentally just enough to slowly grow their population. I think there is about a dozen out of half a dozen I bought years ago.

I have an indoor pond with neon tetras. I see them spawning regularly but I've never seen fry. I've considered chucking some neons into a rain barrel outside (I live in Brisbane) to see what happens...

Comment

I didn't know that tetras can also live with rainwater, well thanks to this info

Comment

Working...
      X
      google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0