Bunnings Rack IT shelving for tank rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bunnings Rack IT shelving for tank rack

I'm keen to get a new rack going and have recently seen people use concrete locks and 2x4's to set up a rack.
    Its ok but I think I would prefer the look of a shelving unit, be it a proper Pallet Rack or the Bunnings Rack it 1000kg system

It would be easier for me to get the Rack it System, As no delivery charges etc

I would like the 1800 Rack it system, with the braces of course and if needed some 2x4's in addition to the bracing.
    I would use 2 foot tanks and possibly acouple of 3 footers. From what I understand as long as the weight is distributed evenly then there shouldn't be any problems.

Has anyone got any experience with getting the 1800mm long version of the Rackit system and putting some 2 foot and 3 foot tanks on the 3 shelves and no flexing etc??
    Just want to get some breeder tanks going and some growout tanks

Thanks

Werdy666

I like them and have 2 racks. If the tank is not the same length you will get some sag. I have since braced them with 2x2's and 3 months later no sag. Get some paint to coat the MDF or replace it with marine ply. I tried going 1-inch marine ply to replace the MDF but still got sagging so I'd suggest painting and bracing the MDF.

Comment

Thanks Stainless.
      My plan is to get the wire shelves for it and then get some plywood,, possibly the Formplywood which has a coating on it to stop water getting in. I was thinking about getting 3, 2 foot tanks along the length, and yeah if it sags get some extra support 2x2 beams underneath it.

Comment

I replace the MDF which was sagging under very light load with 18mm marine ply. Not the cheapest but honestly worth it. Nothing sags, no crossbeams needed. No worry about MDF disintegrating. Very happy. Might post some before and after pics. I should point out that mine is the 900cm long version, also the old version so no slots for crossbeams.
        Last edited by happyfins; 04-09-20, 02:11 PM. Reason: addendum

Comment

Working...
        X
        google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0