Filtration for a 8x2x2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filtration for a 8x2x2?

I have a 8ft tank and im just wondering would a fluval fx5 and a aqua one natualis 2700lh be a sufficient way to filter the tank ill be putting a saratoga in it along with a few flag tails a stingray and a salmontail in it is this a good flow through the tank?

For those big messy fish I would aim for more filtration. Eheim 2260 and Eheim 2080 are the best IMO. FX5 is ok but no match for the Eheim 2080. I have no experience with the Aqua One so I can't comment on that.

Have you considered a sump or a pond canister filter?

Comment

Awesome sounding tank, but once they outgrow it, you'll need to convert a swimming pool to house them. And a big fence to keep out small cats & dogs less they become fish food for the Saratoga. Love to see some pics coen.
      Bardus's Scape History Photo Album

Comment

Ive had sump systems before there good but annoying to look after, on the cleaning side of things. I had a look into the pond filters but what media came with it and the actual desigin seemed cheap to me so i bought the fx5 instead. I havent got the fish yet only the salmontail as the saratoga are only coming into season now and the stingray pups are still a little to small to sell yet and the flag tails are all out of stock from my supplyer so its a waiting game at the moment. Thanks for all the feed back though!

Comment

Working...
        X
        google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0