No announcement yet.

Darwin Algae Shrimp and Caridina longirostris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get them from Darwin Aquaculture Centre but they don't sell it. They get it from a biological supplies service. Try Google with Biological Supplies and the name.
    Last edited by Dave; 06-04-19, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Lots of useful info in those threads! Thanks Rebel!
      -----

Our pond project
      http://www.aquariumlife.com.au/showthread.php/63649-Natural-Looking-pond-with-waterfall-in-our-frontyard

Comment

Can someone please tell me if I can keep DAS in an open tank with no lid or will they jump/climb out?
        Last edited by thehalfw1t; 31-10-20, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Hi shrimp experts.
          I have a handful of NQ shrimp and one remaining DAS. My new males have white spots that seem 3D and potentially under the carapace. On their backs near the tail and a few slightly on the sides (I can’t upload photos as apparently I don’t have permission)

Does anyone know if it’s disease? Treatable?
          Anyone know how I can put up some photos?

Comment

Originally posted by MelstaS View Post
            Hi shrimp experts.
            I have a handful of NQ shrimp and one remaining DAS. My new males have white spots that seem 3D and potentially under the carapace. On their backs near the tail and a few slightly on the sides (I can’t upload photos as apparently I don’t have permission)

Does anyone know if it’s disease? Treatable?
            Anyone know how I can put up some photos?
            If the whole shrimp goes white or pink it is most likely Shrimp Cotton Disease, however yours sounds different.
            Myotrophic microsporidiosis (Cotton shrimp disease)
            To be sure of a disease you will need a Vet Pathologist to do diagnostic investigation.

Comment

Thanks Dave. They are very clear except for these spots which are strange looking. They seem to be normal except one of them seems to have more of an arched back / drooping tail. I guess I just keep watching them.

Edit - even after a molt the spots are still there
              Last edited by MelstaS; 30-01-21, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thehalfw1t View Post
                Can someone please tell me if I can keep DAS in an open tank with no lid or will they jump/climb out?
                From my limited experience they are expert jumpers. I’ve had a few commit suicide :/

Comment

I’ve come across something else now. My 2cm female NQ shrimp has multiple brown things covering her nose. They move like they could be worms/parasite. A male also has 2 thinner worm like things on his nose. Anyone know what this is/how to treat it? Thanks

Update: they expand and contract from a ball into a worm shape and attach on one end anywhere on the shrimp but particularly the rostrum. I’ve done a 5min salt dip (15g salt to 500ml water) and the majority of them fell off. Even those without visible parasites(?) dropped a whole bunch of smaller ones.

1) What are these??
                  2) How many days can I salt dip for?
                  3) How do I clean out my tank? I have otos so would prefer not to move them to be able to salt the tank (my quarantine tank has very diff PH)

I only introduced these guys and some cherry shrimp into a community tank (planted, ADA soil, established over 2mths but seeded with previous media)
                  Last edited by MelstaS; 05-02-21, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Cash app transfer failed issue can occur for any user of the cash app. If they are not keeping these things right. Internet connectivity high, adequate cash app balance, valid information, update version of cash app.
                    Frequently Asked Questions Failed on Cash App Transfer

Q. What is the solution for Cash App Transfer in 2021?
                    A: If any app maintains the bug then the latest version of that app comes with a solution to that error. There is nothing new in 2021, just keep your app updated to its latest version.

Q. What is the solution for cash app transfer failed to add cash?
                    A. If you are adding cash to your Cash App account and fail to do so then restart your app and try.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0