No announcement yet.

Blue Paratya australiensis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a good option for general planted tanks then! Do you find they are good for algae duties?

@Sweefu, hope they go well for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel View Post
      Sounds like a good option for general planted tanks then! Do you find they are good for algae duties?

@Sweefu, hope they go well for you!
      Thanks mate!

I kept them in my 60cm tank when I was in Sydney, they seemed happy to much on diatoms and green hair algae. Better than cherries in my (very limited) experience.

Comment

Not off to the best start - one dead shrimp in the bag from LiveFish and TDS of the bag water almost 1000.
        I'm drip acclimating them now
        2018-09-13_03-23-11 by Anthony Anthony, on Flickr

2018-09-13_03-23-21 by Anthony Anthony, on Flickr

Comment

Add prime to your tank where water is being siphoned. Also have airstone.

Comment

How did you go with the Shrimp? With the TDS, I think some numbskull has added 'aquarium salt' to their water. I think the fish stores do this to treat any diseases preemptively?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel View Post
              How did you go with the Shrimp? With the TDS, I think some numbskull has added 'aquarium salt' to their water. I think the fish stores do this to treat any diseases preemptively?
              Shrimp settling in ok, very slowly becoming more active but not really eating or moving a lot yet. Seems like a really tough trip form the shop to here, they were only in transit for 1 night too. No idea about the salt - surely a big company like Live Fish wouldn't do that?

Colours are amazing though, for the most part. There are about 3 or 4 Just normal transparent glass shrimp in there too.

2018-09-16_01-51-59 by Anthony Anthony, on Flickr

Comment

Quick update - this was a total flop for me, they didn't breed true to colour and hardly bred at all given how much I bought.

Keen to try them again though, if they pop up for sale. I think I need to learn more about the species in general.
                Last edited by sweefu; 05-05-20, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X
                google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0