On going cyno alge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On going cyno alge

Started a new tank 9 months ago Cade 5 ft 2 Eheim classic and a fx4 for filtration,Fredís Mmled 5 ft panel with controller,2 toned sub ,and grubs ferts and kh booster as I live in Melbourne and Iím on tank water the source water is super soft.ive had ongoing issues with alge from the start ,if I run Fredís panel at sun a I get green alge if I run it on sun b below 50% I get bba,Iím running co2 1 hour before lights and off before lights off through a large diy 90mm dia canister reactor,I have a air stone that runs during the night to give my discus som o2 at night .i have currently dialed the lights down to sun b 25% and grubs ferts to 25% recommended dose 2mil a day but now I have cyno ? Where to go from here I was going to add a sump and maybe get rid off to of my canister filters ,also considered to slowly siphon out the sub with each water change to get to bare bottom tank but I love planted tanks.freds auto controller has locked me out so I canít adjust the lights manually,I use sun b at 25% or 50% and use a timer before Fredís controler to switch it on later than the program if I want to reduce the duration
    tank is on .5 phoís ,0 am,0 nitrite,and 20 nitrate ,Gh sits at 2 ,ph around 6.5 before weekly water changes of 30%

Co2 ran out last week and I just got a new bottle so I’ve got this started today and will try the lights at sun b and up grubs ferts back to 3 mil per day which is his dose for a 400 liter tank and see how it goes see photo https://www.flickr.com/gp/[email protected]/PjQ0q1
    Last edited by Bart59; 01-06-20, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Dude for cyano, I suggest Chemiclean. I know many reasons for the cyano can be discussed but it's best to treat it and get on with more enjoyable tank keeping.

Grubs ferts are tried and tested. Maybe increase the N by x2 for a coupla weeks though.

Comment

Working...
      X
      google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0