No announcement yet.

20 litre/5 gallon nano tank adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see your macro algae is blooming haha!

Comment

That's a really nice looking tank.

Comment

better pic [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

my little dude

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by David... View Post
            I see your macro algae is blooming haha!
            yeah its out of control lol I let it grow though for all the little tiny critters

Comment

Originally posted by sandgroper View Post
              That's a really nice looking tank.

Thankyou

Comment

The tank looks fantastic! They are very pretty little fish too, one of my favourites. In my experience they also seem to be quite hardy which makes life easier.

Comment

Wanted to show you guys my scolly coral as well, its that green orange thing up the back right that you can barely see... hard to get a good pic because of all the macro algae that's growing in front of it so here's a pic i took when I bought it in january. Cost me $80 and its my favorite piece in the tank

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

The tank looks fantastic! They are very pretty little fish too, one of my favourites. In my experience they also seem to be quite hardy which makes life easier.
                    That's why I got it! I had gobys but one jumped out, one stopped eating and the other vanished. Plus they always hid in the back as soon as you walked into the room. This little guy doesn't seem bothered by me at all and swims around the front more and darts in and out of the little cave bits which gives the tank a more lively look! Plus I think I have a baby mantis in there (clicking noises at night) and the guys at the aquarium said if its small enough the dotty back will eat him lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy1 View Post
                      That's why I got it! I had gobys but one jumped out, one stopped eating and the other vanished. Plus they always hid in the back as soon as you walked into the room. This little guy doesn't seem bothered by me at all and swims around the front more and darts in and out of the little cave bits which gives the tank a more lively look! Plus I think I have a baby mantis in there (clicking noises at night) and the guys at the aquarium said if its small enough the dotty back will eat him lol
                      I found mine to have a similar character, he never tried to hide, in fact quite the opposite, he seemed happy to follow you round the tank. They are a really colourful little fish and seem very happy in a small tank. Hopefully he'll take care of your mantis, I've heard some horror stories abut them in tanks!

Comment

I found mine to have a similar character, he never tried to hide, in fact quite the opposite, he seemed happy to follow you round the tank. They are a really colourful little fish and seem very happy in a small tank. Hopefully he'll take care of your mantis, I've heard some horror stories abut them in tanks!
                        I hope so too! the worst bit is I don't know where it is, I can only hear it lol

Comment

Nice tank. Glad you got rid of the Xenia as they totally infest tanks in time. That helio has grown! Hope your tank has a lid because dotty backs are jumpers...
                          Marine is extremely addictive but well worth it. I'm guessing you will be upgrading to a bigger tank if you haven't already done so. Just think about all the different fish and corals you could have in a bigger tank. I've got an aquamedic blenny with a zoa forest and a pair of clowns. In the process of getting an aquareef 400. Still kept a nano freshwater going - aquatic style planted with co2. Best of both worlds but I lean towards marine
                          For others reading this post : don't convert to marine. It's addictive!

Comment

Originally posted by Arnielilly View Post
                            Nice tank. Glad you got rid of the Xenia as they totally infest tanks in time. That helio has grown! Hope your tank has a lid because dotty backs are jumpers...
                            Marine is extremely addictive but well worth it. I'm guessing you will be upgrading to a bigger tank if you haven't already done so. Just think about all the different fish and corals you could have in a bigger tank. I've got an aquamedic blenny with a zoa forest and a pair of clowns. In the process of getting an aquareef 400. Still kept a nano freshwater going - aquatic style planted with co2. Best of both worlds but I lean towards marine
                            For others reading this post : don't convert to marine. It's addictive!

Would be lovely to see your tanks... Any links?

Comment

Awesome!! Really like it, much better than my planted tropicals. I always wanted a marine setup but never took that leap. I think after seeing this little setup I might be tempted to put it on my 'bucket list'

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0