Mikeymikemike's 3ft Iwagumi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikeymikemike's 3ft Iwagumi

I finally got my 3ft custom bookshelf tank!

(If you can even see it...)

It measures 90cm Length x 24cm Height x 30cm Depth in 8mm low iron clear glass.

After waiting 6 long months for my custom delivery to come from the FIRE factory. We finally have it here. Popped into forum sponsor Aquarium Gallery Perth

Here it sits.

Comparison with the regular bookshelf size

When we open the shipping boxes, it was pretty exciting to say the least. The options are endless with this tank and if you do a scale comparison. It is like having a 9x2.8x3ft tank. Because of the ratios the tank looks bigger in person than the pictures suggest.

I've been using FIRE low iron tanks for my scapes and the glass, finish, cutting and joins are some of the best I've seen.

This year they have awesome 3d lazer etched logos too. (but i'll keep it at the back)

The plan is to go Iwagumi. To get the big scale with smaller rocks and plants.

Stay tuned!
    Last edited by Mikeymikemike; 15-11-14, 05:24 PM.

Very cool Looking forward to the hardscape pics! What type of rocks do you plan on using?

Comment

Oh wow, I just saw this posted on AGPs facebook haha. Nice one man, will follow this. What light you gonna use?

Comment

That's a nice rectangle

Comment

There's something about a clean tank that's very inspiring

Comment

Mikey you have been bitten by the bug . Welcome to the club of keeping multiple tanks . This is going to be an awesome scape man im following this one with anticipation . Maybe that new dw i have would suit that doing a emergant thing with mosses and ferns on a low light scale . Or if your going high light i could spare some Stauro for the forgound .

Comment

Great stuff Mike. The FIRE tanks tick all the boxes for sure. Got plans for all the rest of it? = filter, stand, light etc

Comment

Lights will be diy 3ft aquasky. Filter will be eheim 2215 with glass or metal skimmer pipes. No sand on this scape because of cleaning. This will hopefully be an easy to maintain iwagumi (oxymoron?)
                Last edited by Mikeymikemike; 15-11-14, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Mike from they pics you certainly can't fault those Fire tanks. Personally I hate when they etch the logo in the top corner. If they put it right down in the bottom corner below the substrate, I would probably display it at the front.

Can't wait to see what you'll do with this. What type of rocks are you planning on using?
                  Joe.

Comment

Oooh very nice. Looking forward to watching this one come together.
                    Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Gomer View Post
                      Mike from they pics you certainly can't fault those Fire tanks. Personally I hate when they etch the logo in the top corner. If they put it right down in the bottom corner below the substrate, I would probably display it at the front.

Can't wait to see what you'll do with this. What type of rocks are you planning on using?
                      My FIRE has the logo bottom right. How about you Mike and your 2ft and 4ft?

Comment

The Fire tanks are definitely up to grade,very clean built.Nice one Mikey.

I actually like the logos at top.
                        stone caves

Comment

Very cool!

Who distributes these in sydney?

Comment

I believe the distributors are aquaria/Aqua depot. If you can, it is better to buy two tanks as that's how they are packages. You can split shipping if they will ship for you from Perth.

Comment

My older fire tanks have the logo on the bottom and I keep that facing the back too. This year they seem to have put it up on the top right. I commented on this and the next back will probably have these changes made.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0