Another Brisbanite...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Brisbanite...

I am in Marsden and joined a few days ago as stumbled accross the forum while researcing for a newly aquired tank. I have a 2 foot and a 4 foot tank currently set up but fairly basic, fish, plastic plants and ornaments. The new tank is 6 foot and I'm planning on setting this up with real plants (I probably won't do CO2 though - I'd never even heard of doing that till a few days ago!) and doing something nice with it before relocating the fish from the 4 foot tank.

Current fish stock
    4 foot tank - 2x 30-35cm salmontail catfish, 1x 30cm silver shark, 2x blue acara (male 15cm, female 12cm) 1x 8cm spanner barb

2 foot tank - mated pair of convict cichlids & fry

1 male and 2 female Bettas in large bowl/vases

Hi, Welcome to the forum!!

there's plenty of interesting stuff to trawl through here, including lots of stuff about plants, as you have probably already seen.

on a side note, by the sounds of the size of your fish, you'll be upgrading your 6 foot to an 8 foot, then a 12 foot ..........it never ends!!

all the best, merry.
    Cheers,
    Merry

These aren't stupid people, these are smart zombies.

Comment

I'm not looking at going any bigger on the tank - I had to rearrange half the house to get the 6 foot in! (unfortunately - I mean that literally) we simply don't have the space for anything larger (although I have been wondering what it would take to turn the pool into a pond.......)

Comment

Hi

welcome aboard, there seems to be a growing QLD community on here. Hope you enjoy this site, lots of great info and very friendly members.

hope to see some pics of the salmontail cats.

Originally posted by Kitiara View Post
        I'm not looking at going any bigger on the tank - I had to rearrange half the house to get the 6 foot in! (unfortunately - I mean that literally) we simply don't have the space for anything larger (although I have been wondering what it would take to turn the pool into a pond.......)
        lol once the multiple tank bug bites it never ends, you'll have tanks on your bedside table(i'm guilty of that), tanks in the garage(guilty) tanks in other parts of the house(guilty) 5 ponds (guilty) and i'm always planning where to put more tanks, and how to sweet talk the parents into letting me do it.

There was a segment a while back on some tv show about turning your backyard pool into a pond. basically stop adding chlorine, may need to modify filtration and away you go

cheers
        He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

Comment

The cats would be hard to take pics of - they are constantly moving in vertical circles up the side of the tank and rarely move horizontally. I could get good belly shots but that's about it. Personally I don't think they'd notice when they are moved to the larger tank when I have that ready in a few weeks or so as it's the same depth as the 4 foot tank (approx 55cm deep)

Yeah, I have found myself guilty of looking for places for more tanks.... I have another 2 foot tank outside that I'm trying to work out where to put....

The pool hasn't had any chlorine added to it since May when the filter pump died. If it was going to be turned into a pond then it would have to be a low maintenance one :-) I'd love to have an 8m x 4.5m pond out the back.....

Comment

Kitiara... as in Raistlin & Caramon's sister?

Comment

Working...
            X
            google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0