Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Logadarium

Howdy everyone.

Thought ide share my latest scape with you. I was looking to setup a new scape during lockdown but didnt want to take up too much space in the house since I already have 5 other scapes running... But you know, you do what ya gotta do lol.

I was scrounging about for some hardscape to decide what tank ide pull the trigger on and remembered this piece I had that was in the garden. It was bought 10 years ago by my wife for her Oscar tank and she didnt end up using it so it went into the garden bed as a feature. It was perfect but at 700mm long I didnt want a big tank so started to explore vertical options. It turns out it fitted in a 30 cube perfectly then I had a crazy idea how to utilise the verticality of it.

I had a month of hardscape design. I spent a few weeks exploring various ways to stabilise the log and have it leaning backwards but NOT touching the tank. Few more weeks getting the pump with the appropriate head height and plumbing sorted out, designing a coreflute filter box to house it and bio & mechanical media then 2 months dry starting Fissidens Moss, DHG and a month with the chainsword I flooded it this weekend.

Specifications:
    Tank: 30 Cube
    Pump : SICCE Syncra Silent 0.5 + Surface Skimmer
    Light: IKEA Vaxer (top light) & Twinstar 300E with S2 Pro Dimmer
    Hardscape : Seiryu & and old log
    Substrate : La Palata & Tropica Aquasoil
    Emersed Plants : Fissidens Moss, Cameroon Moss, Christmas Moss, Anubias & Buce
    Submerged Plants : Fissidens Moss, Dwarf Hair Grass & Pygmy Chainsword
    CO2: Kegking Reg with spare 2.6kg bottle & Twinstar Diffuser

That is something to be proud of. I immediately want to try that myself. Continue to show the progress. Thanks

Comment

That is amazing
      Very original as well. Imagine it as it grows in and looks older

Graeme
      Read this very helpful thread on BSS .
      No pictures on your BSS advert? Then be prepared for it to be deleted ( read the rules )

Comment

3 weeks in and the diatoms are subsiding and everything is growing well. Ferns are putting up new leaves, Fissidens and Chainsworts are looking good and the Dwarf Hair Grass is taking off big time.

Comment

Close up of the Fissidens growing in on the submerges portion of the log.

Comment

This is really stunning! Is the aquasoil just up the back behind the log and the DHG growing in the sand? Or is there soil under the sand?
            Luke

Comment

Really nice. I love a scape that reaches up out of the tank. The complementary pots of ferns go well with it. Any plans for livestock?

Comment

Originally posted by Leukeh View Post
                This is really stunning! Is the aquasoil just up the back behind the log and the DHG growing in the sand? Or is there soil under the sand?
                Yeah the scape is separated at the log, sand (no soil underneath) in the front and aquasoil in the back. Im EI fertalising the tank daily, the DHG is going absolutely wild!!!

Originally posted by Grubs View Post
                Any plans for livestock?
                I am, got red cherries and a pair of NQAS in there at the moment. Hoping to get the cherries established as the plants grow in, 6 females to two males at the moment. Longer term plan is probably 5 white clouds as there is no heater in this scape and its sitting around 20 degrees C for the most part.

I have a write up of the trials and tribulations of this scape here if you want to have a read.
                http://stuart-knappstein-design.com/logadarium

Comment

Originally posted by FishyFellow View Post

3 weeks in and the diatoms are subsiding and everything is growing well. Ferns are putting up new leaves, Fissidens and Chainsworts are looking good and the Dwarf Hair Grass is taking off big time.
                  I swear this is beautiful. The plant looks so pretty.. any plan on putting in fishes or anything else???

Comment

Been a while since I updated this thread.
                    Had a big Green Dust Algae outbreak that I let mature for the recommended 4 week period before cleaning it all up and all has been good since then.

Emersed mosses are out of control and the DHG and Chainswords are following suit!

I now have around 10-15 red fire shrimp in here. Im tempted to put some white clouds in with them but im trying to rebuild my shrimp colony after 2 disasters in my main scape...

​​​​​​​

Comment

Looks so cool! love it!

Comment

it looks so cool. if I were an aquarium fish then, being inside it would be heaven.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0