No announcement yet.

Island Dreams; 60x45x45

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks really nice. You've got great height.

Are any of the rocks there just to hold down the dw in the short term?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dantrasy View Post
      Looks really nice. You've got great height.

Are any of the rocks there just to hold down the dw in the short term?
      Thanks Dantrasy. Appreciate your comments. All rocks are part of the scape rather than placeholders or DW holders. Unfortunately I changed the layout of the DW once more last night....for better or for worse.... Photos incoming.

Comment

• Untitled by Reb El, on Flickr
        Last edited by Rebel; 08-02-17, 06:26 AM.

Comment

• I left the already waterlogged DW in the dry tank for 48 hours and they started to float again! Grr....I've just left it there.

Emersed pogo is melting like crazy. The hot water probably didn't help.... I lost almost all my mini pelia and other mosses so trying to nurse a little bit back to life. Would be so cool if I manage to get it back.

No filter in the tank yet. Just power heads for CO2.

Comment

• Amazing stuff Rebel! Fantastic to see it all come to life. What filter will you be using on this tank? And with what size power heads to assist flow?

I could spare a small amount of mini pellia, I have riccia and peacock moss too.

Comment

• Hey Sweefu, thanks!

The powerheads are 400/500l/hour each as you can see on the sides. I only used them temporarily to distribute CO2 in the tank.

The ADA cabinet has a small opening so I can't fit my larger canister filter hoses through there so considering my options. I have the aquanova 1200 or a plethora of 2213s at my disposal. I will need to modify the CO2 reactor also, which I haven't had time to do.

No critters in the tank though. I am thinking some embers and shrimp perhaps. I will attend the CDAS auction now that I am in Canberra.

I will hit you up if I can't grow the bits of moss I have. The tank is already crowded due to my collectoritis. Ricca I would be a little hesitant to use as this will be a high light tank.

Comment

• Ember Tetras are Timid Creatures

Originally posted by Rebel View Post
                I am thinking some embers and shrimp perhaps
                If you decided to keep Ember Tetras, I would suggest to keep "dither fish" with them. I used to keep Ember Tetras with Harlequin Rasboras, and the former were quite active. When there are no other fish in a tank, Ember Tetras would hide all day in plants.
                Last edited by Neon Tetra; 08-02-17, 12:29 PM. Reason: Fix Typos

Comment

• Originally posted by Neon Tetra View Post
                  If you decided to keep Ember Tetras, I would suggest to keep "dither fish" with them. I used to keep Ember Tetras with Harlequin Rasboras, and the former were quite active. When there are no other fish in a tank, Ember Tetras would hide all day in plants.
                  Ah, no wonder they are not very popular. Thanks for tip. I might reconsider. Maybe 100 neons?

Comment

• boraras... Big fan of the little guys, I suggest looking at the others rather than the "sort after" chilies...

Comment

• Originally posted by aussieJJDude View Post
                      boraras... Big fan of the little guys, I suggest looking at the others rather than the "sort after" chilies...
                      I agree I really like my ! boraras, they are not shy at all, always zooming around the tank, they can get spooked when you knock the tank or make a sudden movement but they soon come back out to play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neon Tetra View Post
                        Yep, I found the same thing. I've got cherry barbs in with embers now and everyone is swimming around happily but when the embers were on their own they were always hiding.
                        Luke

Comment

• Originally posted by Leukeh View Post
                          Yep, I found the same thing. I've got cherry barbs in with embers now and everyone is swimming around happily but when the embers were on their own they were always hiding.
                          Lukeh, do the embers show nice red colours and shoal a little? I would like a few fish to shoal better on this scape.

Comment

• I've only got 8 of them so they don't really shoal at all. They do have a really deep orange colour but I'm not sure if that's down to quality breeding or their environment.
                            Luke

Comment

• Originally posted by Leukeh View Post
                              I've only got 8 of them so they don't really shoal at all. They do have a really deep orange colour but I'm not sure if that's down to quality breeding or their environment.
                              Was planning on at least 50 for this tank; maybe more. Depends on the price etc.

Comment

• Loving the layout, don't give up on the embers, they love shade, and will hang out under shady ledges or under lily or lotus leaves. If your tank doesn't have good shady spots they will just mix amongst stem plants and be boring.

They basically ignore shrimp, chameleons feel comfortable to be out and about with them, even swim amongst them.

Most important is to have a good size group, sera vipan baby, frozen cyclops and frozen black mosquito larvae go down well. They will also feed on tablets which is handy to feed shrimp as well, especially those days your feeling lazy.

Loving that layout though, wish I had the time and inclination for that these days!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0