Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nano Seiryu

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It really is an amazing aquascape. It simply feels natural. All the main stones look like they're exposed sections of one large rock.
    Joe.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Dantrasy View Post
      Actually, the biggest rock in the scape isn't the biggest rock. It's just raised up the highest.
      Fascinating! i am in process of working through hardscape layouts and since i bought so much bloody rock, i thoughts i would sit the final rocks on these for height but may be a waste!
      - Rob
      Journal -

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Gomer View Post
        It really is an amazing aquascape. It simply feels natural. All the main stones look like they're exposed sections of one large rock.
        Thanks Joe!

        Comment


        • I will be using this layout as inspiration for my next scape

          Comment


          • beautiful tank!! did you remove soil before adding the sand paths?
            - Rob
            Journal -

            Comment


            • We cut through the HC with scissors and scooped out a trench to add in the sand. This means the soil is covered in HC and does not spill onto the sand. I think this is the best solution if you have the patience.

              Comment


              • Ok thanks, will keep it in mind
                - Rob
                Journal -

                Comment


                • Originally posted by pleco4me View Post
                  I will be using this layout as inspiration for my next scape
                  Thanks Craig! Mean a lot. When's your rescape due??

                  For me a rescape is imminent over Christmas for the 2ft, maybe the 1ft too. I give you and Mike a yell. For the most part the hardscape will be one solid structure that will drop straight in. Wire, drill, circular saw, glue, steel pipe, hammer ... whatever it takes.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Dantrasy View Post
                    For the most part the hardscape will be one solid structure that will drop straight in. Wire, drill, circular saw, glue, steel pipe, hammer ... whatever it takes.
                    After my first scape attempt last night, that sounds like a fabulous idea!!! Full base structure!
                    - Rob
                    Journal -

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Dantrasy View Post
                      Thanks Craig! Mean a lot. When's your rescape due??

                      For me a rescape is imminent over Christmas for the 2ft, maybe the 1ft too. I give you and Mike a yell. For the most part the hardscape will be one solid structure that will drop straight in. Wire, drill, circular saw, glue, steel pipe, hammer ... whatever it takes.
                      Sounds like you are going to copy IAPLC 2014 winner using dragon stones?
                      Cool if you are. looking forward to it.
                      http://www.aquariumlife.com.au/showthread.php/51207-First-Planted-Tank-Dutch-Mountain-Tree-Fusion-Scape

                      Comment


                      • I can get my hands on UV cure fibreglass

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Dantrasy View Post
                          Thanks Craig! Mean a lot. When's your rescape due??

                          For me a rescape is imminent over Christmas for the 2ft, maybe the 1ft too. I give you and Mike a yell. For the most part the hardscape will be one solid structure that will drop straight in. Wire, drill, circular saw, glue, steel pipe, hammer ... whatever it takes.
                          Sounds exciting! I'm keen

                          I'm actually picking up a 4ft tank from AGP The plan is to have the 4ft as a nature style with driftwood, mosses, sand foreground etc. The 3ft (current tank) will then become a classic iwagumi using just HC. All going to plan, the rescapes should be happening in around 3 weeks time (late November)

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by FishSalad View Post
                            Sounds like you are going to copy IAPLC 2014 winner using dragon stones?
                            Cool if you are. looking forward to it.
                            The scape I have latched onto for inspiration came in at rank 238.

                            Originally posted by Mikeymikemike View Post
                            I can get my hands on UV cure fibreglass
                            ok, if you think so. whatever it takes.

                            Originally posted by pleco4me View Post
                            Sounds exciting! I'm keen

                            I'm actually picking up a 4ft tank from AGP The plan is to have the 4ft as a nature style with driftwood, mosses, sand foreground etc. The 3ft (current tank) will then become a classic iwagumi using just HC. All going to plan, the rescapes should be happening in around 3 weeks time (late November)
                            another tank! woo hoo.

                            3 weeks should be time enough to get things ready.

                            Comment


                            • Google image 'iaplc 2014 238' and it's the first pic. I'll save posting the pic for the 2ft thread.

                              mmm. I'm committing myself to this now

                              Comment


                              • It will be sad to see the 600 go but I am sure you will just take it another level. Make sure you have a real good photo before you tare it down so you can frame it and put it on the wall. Keep sake to remind you of the evolution.

                                Tim.


                                Originally posted by Dantrasy View Post
                                Google image 'iaplc 2014 238' and it's the first pic. I'll save posting the pic for the 2ft thread.

                                mmm. I'm committing myself to this now

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X
                                google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0