Nano Seiryu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey dantrasy
    If you can get your hands on UG, there always work well with fissidens. The contrast btw dark and lime green is very nice
    aLan

Comment

• I have to say, I really like the HG too--always felt that it softens rocks nicely and creates some interest and wab sabi. I'd probably cull some from the foreground tho? The clump at front on the left and the front half of the clump in the middle-front sort of draws my eye to the bottom of the tank.
      Cheers,

Rufus

"I completely lost it. Well, okay, that sounded more awesome than what I really did, which was yell. And by yelling I mean sending a bunch of TEXT MESSAGES ALL IN CAPS!"

Comment

• Originally posted by NewFishTank View Post
        Hey dantrasy
        If you can get your hands on UG, there always work well with fissidens. The contrast btw dark and lime green is very nice
        I've never seen UG in the flesh, but I'll look out for it. Thanks.

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        I have to say, I really like the HG too--always felt that it softens rocks nicely and creates some interest and wab sabi. I'd probably cull some from the foreground tho? The clump at front on the left and the front half of the clump in the middle-front sort of draws my eye to the bottom of the tank.
        Yeah, the foreground hg was planted weeks before the little bits of hg elsewhere in the scape. Small thick tuffs was the original plan (5c piece size). But it just wants to spread in the sand. I'll pull it closer together and trim it shorter. See what that does.

Comment

• Spent a little time on the tank today...

Removed a lot of foreground dhg, shifted the fiss around
          Added more sand paths down to the foreground. + lots more rock fragments
          Removed fiss from bigger rocks
          Added some ottos
          Added background film
          Removed some hc and trimmed the rest, trying to create mounds rather than a flat/sheer surface

before

after
          Last edited by Dantrasy; 18-10-14, 06:07 PM. Reason: added 2nd pic

Comment

• Looks great dantrasy, I think it looks better now that you have removed some of the dhg at the front.

Comment

• Looking a lot better mate, love how you have created another sand path on the right side.
              Now, replace the turf of HG just below your main rock on the right and replace with a small erio, that will make it pop!
              aLan

Comment

• The changes were spot on, that's a definite improvement. This scape is looking ridiculously good now. Perfect imo

Comment

• Thanks aquadesignCRS

Thanks thehalfw1t

Thanks Alan. Do you have any particular type or erio in mind?

Comment

• A small shiga will work well.
                    You can try parkeri too, but I think it may be too big.
                    Blood vomit will be the best, not sure who still has it
                    aLan

Comment

• Did a small trim earlier today. Added yet more sand to make the paths a bit higher, particularly the path on the far left. Also add a new rock back left.

Last edited by Dantrasy; 02-11-14, 02:35 PM. Reason: changed back to black edge

Comment

• looking good! I wonder where the scape will go from here

Comment

• Hi

I'm still a newb and I'm wondering how you made that scape

Did you just create a slope with the substrate, place the rocks and then place more substrate above them?

Did you have to place any supports to stop the substrate from flattening out?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikeymikemike View Post
                            looking good! I wonder where the scape will go from here
                            Gotta keep experimenting i guess. it's not finished, that's for sure. As I've mentioned, a have a lot of fiss growing elsewhere that I could use. the scape I'm kind'a copying used fiss as a background 'row'. Might give that a goo for more depth. Any other suggestions are welcome of course.

Originally posted by Talmier View Post
                            Hi

I'm still a newb and I'm wondering how you made that scape

Did you just create a slope with the substrate, place the rocks and then place more substrate above them?

Did you have to place any supports to stop the substrate from flattening out?
                            Hi, at first the rocks were placed in the tank with no soil. broken pieces of floor tile use used to make pillars to support the rocks. When the rocks were in the right position/height the soil went in. The the sand went in.

Comment

• Broken floor tile interesting

How long did it take you to scape the whole tank?

Also does that mean the floor tiles are still in there?

Also are you able to link me the led you used for your background

Thanks
                              Last edited by Talmier; 02-11-14, 02:45 PM. Reason: Added extra questions

Comment

• Well, I got a few rocks and made a cardboard box the same size as the tank. I played around with the rocks most evenings for a couple weeks. But I wasn't very happy with the arrangements.

So I got 3 or 4 more rocks and that night come up with what you see now.

Mike came over and together we scaped the tank in 20mins. All the rocks have tiles under them. They are still there. They take the weight of the rock and stop it from sinking. I guess we used about 3/4 of a 40x40cm tile. The pillar of tiles under the biggest rock is 8 or 9 layers high. Each tile piece is only 5x5cm or so. Mike held a few rocks in place as I poured in the soil cup full by cup full. An extra pair of hands really helped.

Actually, the biggest rock in the scape isn't the biggest rock. It's just raised up the highest.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0