No announcement yet.

Nano Seiryu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How's the tank coming along? I hope the stringy HC has filled out a bit more

Comment

The stringy bits are slowly getting covered over with new growth. The slope on the right is taking the longest to fill in. Still a few weeks away from total coverage.

Moved a few more shrimp over to this tank...

Comment

Mike visited yesterday and we made some alterations to the tank.

Next I'd like to readjust some of the new small rocks and glue fiss to some of them.
        Last edited by Dantrasy; 30-09-14, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dantrasy View Post
          Mike visited yesterday and we made some alterations to the tank.

When I took this photo, I thought about shrimp slalom ski slope!

Comment

Here's an update. It's still a ways off from being finished. The fiss has a lot of growing in to do and I've got plans to take the hc to a few more places to further integrate the foreground into the rest of the scape.

Comment

Dantrasy, what's your thoughts about the main stone leaning to the right? I want to reach out and straighten it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel View Post
                Dantrasy, what's your thoughts about the main stone leaning to the right? I want to reach out and straighten it.
                Most of the rocks in the scape are heavy on the right, so I think it's ok.

The big rock is just perched there, almost none of it is buried. It's just sitting on a tower of broken tiles. So I don't really want to touch it

The bottom right of that big rock needs to be covered up more with hc. That will happen in time.

Comment

Looks awesome Brad i am liking this scape .

Comment

well executed, stunning scape as usual Brad!
                    aLan

Comment

• Thanks Brad and Alan.

This is the first scape I've done with a fts pic in mind. I usually do what I think looks good at standing height.

Take that new little rock at the back for example; it looks weird at standing height, it's just stands out for being too high above the hc. But down at fts level a lot of the base is covered by hc and i think is looks nice.

Also the sand path starts 3/4 up and goes all the way down to the bottom in a continuous stream. Currently with a fts a part of the path is obscured by hc. So I think I'll be moving that bottom center tuff of hc sometime soon.

Comment

• That does look better now. I do think the HG and fissidens are better removed.

Comment

• i love how this scape has matured dude

Comment

• Perhaps replace all your HG with tiny pebbles of fissidens or mini pelia?
                            Better still if you have access to mini fissidens
                            The patch of fissidens on the front left rock just doesn't fit
                            aLan

Comment

• Thanks 1/2wit!

I think the fiss in there at the moment is mt glorious. I have a lot more of it I could use. actually there's 5 or 6 fiss'ed up rocks in there that haven't grown much yet.

Thanks for giving me the dhg to think about. Do you guys think it'll end up messy? Perhaps too big in the foreground? Draws too much attention?

Comment

• Originally posted by greenfinger View Post
                                That does look better now. I do think the HG and fissidens are better removed.
                                Thanks for your input. I hear what you're saying greenfinger, but I do like the fissidens. this is the first time I've managed to grow it nicely. but i might remove it from the rocks and only having it at ground level. as for the hg, it's all about adding texture. hg might not be the best choice, but i have plenty of it on hand. moving/removing it in the sand isn't too hard. i think I'll try shoving it closer together before I start pulling it out completely.

I'll continue tinkering and post something in a week or two.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0