Nano Seiryu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gomer View Post
    My seiryu doesn't seem to raise my carbonate hardness much. Haven't kept an eye on it, but I just tested and it was 3dKH and I'm using tap water. I am doing two or three 50% water changes per week though.

As for cleaning the rocks I've found the quickest and easiest way is to use a rechargeable electric toothbrush. The rechargeable ones are waterproof and you can grab a generic woolworths one for about $25. They also make cleaning the corners of your glass and your canister filter motors much easier.
    How silly do I feel now for not thinking of that before, no more manual brushing for me lol

Comment

That does sound like a great idea instead of manual brushing, but are these brushes submersible or just waterproof?

Comment

Well I've been using one for a couple of months and fully submersing it. Had no problems. I got the idea from watching this video:

Joe.

Comment

Thanks for the tip Joe, I'll grab one next time I'm at the shops.

The hc is growing, but it's looking a bit ratty. A little has melted and overall it's a bit brown. So I gave it a trim.

I'm going to buy some benibachi fulvic grains tomorrow (thanks for putting me on this Tim). I'll see how it goes.

Before

After

Comment

Looking good mate. If you call that bad diatoms, you wouldn't want to see my tank. Haha. I wouldn't be worried about the HC, it's only just been planted. It'll start sprouting off the nodes and spreading soon enough.

I think I'll call the second main rock "bird poop ridge". Good name for the tank, maybe prop some plastic birds on the edge of the light above.
            Joe.

Comment

looking good!

Comment

So clean, tidy and neat. Looking so good Brad.
                Keeping fish or shrimp?
                aLan

Comment

OK.

THAT is a nice scape.It grabs the eye and one is compelled to observe.Simple and non obtrusive.Personally,I think it is fantastic in it's minimalism,and will look absolutely beautiful when the HC grows in.

Very nice.
                  stone caves

Comment

Thanks guys.

I'd like to add a bit more than just hc. I've been down the 'hc only' path once before and it's boring after a week or two.

I'm thinking of adding a few clumps of dhg. Thn perhaps some fissidens, single strands here and there. (rock fragments and super glue sounds better than fishing line)

Originally posted by NewFishTank View Post
                    Keeping fish or shrimp?
                    This will be for shrimp. I put the guard on the inlet the other day in anticipation. There's a few very big dark red cherries in the 2ft that I'll swap over to this tank. TDS is high, so non-cherries might not survive.

Comment

I've got a container of fissindens if you need some

Comment

Popped some shrimp in, added some dhg and a dozen tiny bits of fissidens. most of the dhg is 'planted' into sand, so we'll see. i'll get a fts up soon.

Here's a few pics with an orange backlight (not the led)

Comment

Those cherries look awesome! I've been trying to get some for a while but it seems like everyone has stopped selling them lately. Anyways, looking forward to the FTS man!

Comment

I found the best way to combat diatom is to mix a 1:10 solution of flourish excel to water and then stick it in a spray bottle and blast the rock with it. it fizzes up and seems to control it from spreading.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeymikemike View Post
                              I found the best way to combat diatom is to mix a 1:10 solution of flourish excel to water and then stick it in a spray bottle and blast the rock with it. it fizzes up and seems to control it from spreading.
                              Yep, I do something similar with H202.

Here's another cherry pic (looks like he's pearling) and fts after playing around with that orange light.

Comment

Looking good! I hope that DHG grows out nicely and not too sparse like the cade.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0