Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NewFishTank View Post
    Hi Brad,

Just want to say this is really good. perfectly balanced and so natural of it, well done!
    Its tricky scaping such a small tank and you executed that so well
    Not much space to plant then i suppose you have your other dutch style to keep you away from 'too few plants'
    keep your plant choice bare minimum and really showcase your hardscape in this one. In fact, ill be tempted to just go all moss scape, something different for a challenge? you can probably fit 20 sp in there :P

anyway, subscribed !!
    Thanks Alan. I don't mind the small space, it's like doing a jigsaw puzzle. I'll start planting with hc (because I have quite a lot of it growing emersed in seedling trays). After that some mosses would be nice, little bits here and there growing on ss mesh. flame, rose and couple others perhaps.

Making a box that same size of the tank really helps, I'd recommend it to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Dantrasy View Post
      Can you tell I had that aga scape in mind?
      Yep, I could see some resemblance with the delicate sand foreground and right-to-left slope. Really excited to see this in a few weeks time!

Comment

That's it I'm tearing down my tank and starting again. Damn you and your excellent aquascaping skills!
        Joe.

Comment

The hardscape is wow!
          I can't to see this planted.

Comment

SWEET HARDSCAPE!
            I love it, the sand is so vibrant too.
            Another vote for perfectly positioned and balanced rocks
            Looking forward to the planting stage!

Comment

Your scapes just keep getting better and better. I love how you paid attention to the smaller bits as well.
              Looking forward to this one develop

Comment

Thanks everyone.

I cleaned the filter and filled the tank today. the soil is still in place, for now. But a lot of crap floated to the top when filling.

I'll do some waters tests soon to see where I'm at with this used soil. Should dodge diatoms at least.

the ans 13mm look enormous against the scape. Might sell the lily pipes and get some cal nanos down the track.

Comment

I've change the thread title so this will now be a journal. Just did an ammonia test and was surprised to find it's not totally yellow. But I don't think wc are necessary.

Might be enough to start the cycle. I have a little Stability, so for what it's worth I'll add a bit each day for a week.

Comment

Excellent work on the new scape! I do have one question though, do u have a divider between the sand and soil? If not, I'd image it would be a PITA trying to keep them separated all the time...

Comment

Originally posted by Gomer View Post
                      That's it I'm tearing down my tank and starting again.
                      No way, your tank tanks is excellent. get past the brown algae and i'm sure it will be stella.

Originally posted by Mst_Mugen View Post
                      Excellent work on the new scape! I do have one question though, do u have a divider between the sand and soil? If not, I'd image it would be a PITA trying to keep them separated all the time...
                      Thanks man.

The rocks are the divider. It's not 100% effective, but close. Some soil fell through the spaces between rocks so I plugged it up with rock fragments. It's ok if it mixes a bit, I want a small slope of hc reaching down towards the sand anyway. You just have to keep it away from the front glass.

Comment

Originally posted by Dantrasy View Post
                        No way, your tank tanks is excellent. get past the brown algae and i'm sure it will be stella.
                        Haha, I was just joking. I'm getting frustrated with it though, but I'll stick with it until I get it right.

With the lily pipes, try and use the normal 13mm intake. It'll pick up more waste than the nano cal aqua intake. I find they're too short, reaching only 13 - 14cm deep into the tank.

By the way, good idea with the creeping HC to cover the border between the sand and aquasoil. What plants you going to use?
                        Joe.

Comment

Yeah, I knew you were joking.

I planted some hc June 4th in seedling trays:

Today it looks like this:

Planting only took 20mins.....

And in the end, couldn't be happier with the result.

As the soil has been reused I'm dosing straight away. And the lights are on for 7hrs.

If anyone has tips regarding used aquasoil I'd love to hear it. Thanks.
                          Last edited by Dantrasy; 11-08-14, 05:02 PM. Reason: extra info

Comment

Looking good. Really enjoying the contrasts between the rocks, sand, and HC.
                            Cheers,

Rufus

"I completely lost it. Well, okay, that sounded more awesome than what I really did, which was yell. And by yelling I mean sending a bunch of TEXT MESSAGES ALL IN CAPS!"

Comment

Very nice Brad!
                              Agree with the contrast, so striking.
                              LOL, how many lights are you planning to use?!?!
                              aLan

Comment

Any updates so far on this one? I would imagine you are pumping the co2 heavily

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0