No announcement yet.

Nano Seiryu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just scroll down, the plants used are listed. Hemianthus callitrichoides (Cuba), Hemianthus micranthemoides, Limnophila sp. (Vietnam), Utricularia graminifolia, Fissidens fontanus, Vesicularia montagnei, Riccardia chamedryfolia

Looks like the first scape is the go. Thanks for the feedback. Gotta clear out the tank now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dantrasy View Post
      Just scroll down, the plants used are listed. Hemianthus callitrichoides (Cuba), Hemianthus micranthemoides, Limnophila sp. (Vietnam), Utricularia graminifolia, Fissidens fontanus, Vesicularia montagnei, Riccardia chamedryfolia

Looks like the first scape is the go. Thanks for the feedback. Gotta clear out the tank now.
      My apologies, thanks for pointing that out!

Anyways, to Aquasky or not to Aquasky for this tank? That is the question. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Mst_Mugen View Post
        My apologies, thanks for pointing that out!

Anyways, to Aquasky or not to Aquasky for this tank? That is the question. LOL
        This new scape is going in the Fire tank with the Aquasky. I just posted a FS for all the plants.

Comment

I prefer the second layout but thats just me it looks a lot more open and relaxing to look at.

First layout is interesting and unique. Reminds me of your previous HC in the mountain nano.
          I still prefer the second layout as i am confident you can make it look special in some way.

Comment

Sorry did not realise you already made your decision on the first layout. Looking foward to the updates

Comment

I picked up 3 extra rocks from Aquarium Gallery Perth yesterday, so I ditch all previous ideas and came up with something new (again).

Mike come over today and helped with the hardscape. thanks Mike. the filter needs a good clean (a job for tomorrow) and then I'll plant it out with hc next weekend. I reusing the soil.

Anyone got any tips regarding used soil? I'm not expecting an ammonia spike, so cycling might require adding a prawn or something. is this necessary?

Here's the progress so far.

Comment

Looks great, awesome attention to detail !!

What sand did you use ( its not all ADA fertile substrate is it?)
                Read this very helpful thread on BSS .
                No pictures on your BSS advert? Then be prepared for it to be deleted ( read the rules )

Comment

Thanks Graeme!

The sand is ADA Sarawak, it's inert. Kind'a looks like the colour of beach sand. btw, the sand is wet in the photo.

the big top-right rock is just perched in place. the base of that rock looks a bit wrong to me, but plants ought to cover it up.

Comment

Thanks for reply Dantrasy.
                    (Craig is helping me design and form my new 4x2x2 monster scape and I want a clear area on the side.
                    Looking at options. ( and why the heck is the pretty sand dearer than the fertile sand?? ) )
                    No pictures on your BSS advert? Then be prepared for it to be deleted ( read the rules )

Comment

Hi Graeme,

I barely used a cup of sand. I got just a small bag. still have about 3kg. is this the type you're after? do you want some?

Comment

I am kinda colour blind... So that's where Craig comes in.
                        I feel one bag will be enough so can buy ( instead of a Amazonia ) but ty for offer

Comment

I love your hardscape so far. Very dramatic and rich in texture. What are those light brown/yellowish gravel?

Comment

Wow! This is stunning, Brad. Your best hardscape so far

Originally posted by Graeme View Post
                            I am kinda colour blind... So that's where Craig comes in.
                            I feel one bag will be enough so can buy ( instead of a Amazonia ) but ty for offer
                            Well we're stuffed then, because I'm colour blind too But I'd say we can't go wrong with either ADA Nile Sand or ADA Sawarak Sand.

Comment

Hi Brad,

Just want to say this is really good. perfectly balanced and so natural of it, well done!
                              Its tricky scaping such a small tank and you executed that so well
                              Not much space to plant then i suppose you have your other dutch style to keep you away from 'too few plants'
                              keep your plant choice bare minimum and really showcase your hardscape in this one. In fact, ill be tempted to just go all moss scape, something different for a challenge? you can probably fit 20 sp in there :P

anyway, subscribed !!
                              aLan

Comment

Originally posted by Ivo View Post
                                I love your hardscape so far. Very dramatic and rich in texture. What are those light brown/yellowish gravel?
                                Thanks, that yellow/brown stuff is the Sarawak sand.

Originally posted by pleco4me View Post
                                Wow! This is stunning, Brad. Your best hardscape so far

Well we're stuffed then, because I'm colour blind too But I'd say we can't go wrong with either ADA Nile Sand or ADA Sawarak Sand.
                                Thanks Craig. The extra rocks opened up new possibilities. Can you tell I had that aga scape in mind?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0