Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vladguan's planted vase with RCS

Hi All,

Finally found a decent sized vase for all of $10. Hand made and measure 25cm diameter at the top and 20cm diameter at the base and 45cm tall with 4.5mm thick walls.

The plan is for a Walstad pico style with some Staurogyne Repens for foreground, Subwassertang on a DW for midground and either Hygrophila Polysperma or Ludwigia Repens or both for background, with RCSs. Substrate will be potting mix with BnB, capped with quartz sand.

Here are two photos of the empty vase for a teaser.

Plan to have it sitting on my eldest daughter's study desk next to a North facing window at the in-laws.

Planted Community Jungle.
    Planted RCS Vase.

Fair size vase, looking forward to seeing how this goes.

Comment

I love these things, always interesting to muck around with. Hope all goes well.

Comment

Vlad, judging by the size of that little chair in the background, you need to be sure that no one will knock this over as could get dangerous.....

Whats your light source?
        Last edited by Rebel; 05-05-14, 07:01 PM.

Comment

rebel, light source will be natural sunlight. Might have an LED desklamp over it, equivalent to 50W halogen, currently used by said daughter.
          Planted RCS Vase.

Comment

Bad news. Project on hold indefinitely. The wife saw it and grabbed it for bamboos.
            Planted RCS Vase.

Comment

Hahaha that was a quick about turn!

Comment

Yes. Have to keep the wife happy. We have a smaller vase that I may try it with, if the wife allows.
                Planted RCS Vase.

Comment

It was a pretty kool idea Vlad. I think I saw an exact vase like that in a local florist. You could buy your wife some 'flowers' (which wont last long) and keep the vase for yourself... that's how I get around things + Bonus brownie points from wife :P

Comment

Originally posted by Cheese View Post
                    It was a pretty kool idea Vlad. I think I saw an exact vase like that in a local florist. You could buy your wife some 'flowers' (which wont last long) and keep the vase for yourself... that's how I get around things + Bonus brownie points from wife :P
                    ROFL~! Mother's day is coming up.

Comment

Exactly

Comment

Well, this one isn't dead yet. While I was doing a water change on the weekend, I decided to wrap two large river pebbles with nylon flyscreen mesh and then tied a fairly large piece of Subwassertang to it and then placed it in the middle. It now has 3 large bamboos, a clump of Subwassertang and soon to be added a smaller bamboo. I might just add some RCSs in there. Currently, the bottom is just covered with river pebbles. It is currently sitting in the middle of our dining table in the formal dining room, lit with ambient lighting. I will take a photo and add it here after planting the smaller bamboo.
                        Planted RCS Vase.

Comment

Sounds great Vlad, cant wait for the pics

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0