• Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice small bowl

love the plants and good to see its thriving

Comment

Originally posted by Graeme
      Thanks a heap guys
      the kind words mean alot as i had a bit of a bad experience on another forum recently.
      Graeme
      Graeme,

You shouldn't frequent those "other forums" - this one has all you need
      All jokes aside, I wish I had thought of this. That little bowl looks great. I am now pondering how I can best set up similar in the reception of my business without it having to have too much maintenance

Comment

After seeing Graemes bowl in inspired as well.Im thinking of setting up a tall all glass vase, the ones that are about 2 - 3 ' high and having an Aponogetum in there, I reckon it would look great.
        Now I just have to find a nice cheap all glass, tall vase thingy.
        Mike
        sigpicIm just a little bit crazy

Comment

I'm still looking for the right bowl. What I'm thinking of is one of those large bowls that look like a huge wine/port glass. You see them in the older movies when there is someone playing the piano at a bar and the bowl is on the piano where the all tips go.
          sigpic

Comment

vases

As i mentioned earlier i went to ikea
            they had some cool looking vases and was easy to drag Mrs around there ha ha

Shake, i know exactly what you mean, and i have seen one like that planted,think it was on APC.
            here it is
            http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/f...highlight=bowl

I hope lots of others try a nano thats a little different,i cant wait to see pics of them

Graeme
            Read this very helpful thread on BSS .
            No pictures on your BSS advert? Then be prepared for it to be deleted ( read the rules )

Comment

That's what I want. Thanks for the link Graeme. Now I need to find one. I think if I go to places like "House" or "House & Garden" I should be able to find something that looks similar to that bowl.
              sigpic

Comment

Death Time

It must be a bad time of year
                I just lost all the fish in The Bowl.
                Duck lost discus and so did Mike.

I did a water change on the bowl and replaced it with some aged water.
                Next day dead fish.
                I use that water as top up water on two other tanks and no problems there!
                Weird isn't it?

Graeme
                No pictures on your BSS advert? Then be prepared for it to be deleted ( read the rules )

Comment

Could it be (and I may be wrong) that because Australia's water levels are now so low that our dams might have a higher concentrate of pollutants than when the dams are full with water.
                  I know we would have a higher rate of fish deaths if this is the case, but how many deaths are out there that we don't hear about?
                  sigpic

Comment

I hope they are cleaning our water before we drink it...pollutants at that level shouldnt be a problem unless they are increasing the doses of chlorines etc.

Mike
                    sigpicIm just a little bit crazy

Comment

Maybe they are increasing the levels of chlorine. The smell of chlorine in our water lately has been very strong. You turn on the tap and you can smell it straight away. Visitors to our house always comment on how strong the smell is.
                      sigpic

Comment

update

Hi again

I have two things to say.
                        First the water supplied in my suburb is 100% artesian water, treated by water authority.
                        Second......I think the fish deaths were caused by a 10x dose of excel...
                        I was measuring out excel for another tank and think i used that "empty " container to transfer some water....
                        Make a that a 11x dose cause i still did the original 1ml dose..
                        The good thing is the plants are going really well!!!

Graeme

Comment

Good news that you may know the cause of death to your fish.
                          sigpic

Comment

Brutus

Ok its been over a week since the excel accident.
                            I'm pretty sure thats what it was as Ive had daphnia breeding in the bowl since.
                            Today was a great day.
                            I bought a Betta amongst other fish( will mention them elsewhere)
                            I let my son choose the Betta and both kids named him Brutus together.
                            He is happily munching on my little daphnia family!!!

I thought these guys sat on the bottom and didn't move? My guy must have had some illicit pills before i got him.Either that or he just loves his new home!

Thats all until i get some pics

Graeme

Comment

Can't wait to see the pics

Comment

introducing Brutus

I told you about Brutus so thought i better show him.
                                I also turned the bowl slightly to get a little different view

Hope you like

Graeme

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0