Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

donate your trimmed plants ( Melbourne area)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• donate your trimmed plants ( Melbourne area)

Hi all,
    If you are going to trim your plant pls read.
    I am helping Dan setting planted tank for kids in a school. We will start to plant early next month. We need foreground/midground plants i.e. glosso, maselea, elantine, HC, tenellus etc. or any plant that you have and happy to give away instead of throwing them to the bin.
    Pls tell me if you have them so I can arrange to pick up if not too far from my place or pay you shipping cost.
    Cheers,
    Rit
    Last edited by rit; 07-07-10, 04:00 PM. Reason: added link
    Always green

What suburb are you in? I might be able to help out.

Comment

You're seeking some pretty demanding plants for beginners. Sure they can handle them?
      Thanks for all the fish!

Comment

Originally posted by bluepursuit View Post
        What suburb are you in? I might be able to help out.
        I am in Clayton.
        Always green

Comment

Originally posted by 2Toned View Post
          You're seeking some pretty demanding plants for beginners. Sure they can handle them?
          Yes most of them are pretty demand plant. We will regularly help them maintaining the tank.There will be teachers/staff that can help us maintaining the tank.
          and what type of plant that you suggested easy and suitable for this layout?
          Always green

Comment

Rit,

Firstly, can I just say that your project speaks highly of you. I believe it has great merit and should be supported.

From a child/youth education perspective, it is important to secure engagement and maintain it. The aquarium hobby engages by virtue of the fish & other fauna. Plants are a little more esoteric - it takes a bit more sophisticated/advanced mind.

I'd recommend fast growing, relatively indestructible plants that ensure successful growth and a rapidly changing picture... Hygro, Wisteria, Val, Sag, etc. Take them through the evolution of a planted environment within a short time span. Kids have short attention spans. Give them the opportunity to grow with their interest, understanding and confidence.

Cheers
            Tony
            Thanks for all the fish!

Comment

that's good point Tony. thank you for your idea. Actually it s not my project. He need some help so I told him I can do something about this tank. I am just thinking the plant that suitable for that layout so it comes the small plants. It s good to have different opinion. the fast growing plant are good but IMO we need more time to maintain this kind of plant (i.e. trimming). The purpose of this tank is not for the kids to plant by themselves and it will depends on the responsible teacher who decide about the initial purposes of setting up this tank. My solution for this is to have mix type of plant so they can notice the growing.
              Last edited by rit; 07-07-10, 10:29 PM.
              Always green

Comment

Good luck. And I'd be interested in learning more about the objectives, progress and outcomes.
                Thanks for all the fish!

Comment

Hi.
                  I am just shifted to my new home two weeks ago and after lots of hardwork in developing my garden, I am thinking of buying plants soon but dont know any good nursery around here so please help me out that from where i buy plants?

plants online

Comment

Plants are the sources of protection and fresh air. So try to donate as many plants as you can so that you people can have an idea about it. Moreover, you can get cheap assignment help in order to get quality research papers. Spread greenery and spread plants so you can save the environment and make it fresh and clean.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0