Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aquaponics on GA now

title says it
    Subwassertang- Proof that when enough people are wrong it's accepted as right.

To me a while to figure this one. You mean gardening australia? Watched that episode. They didn't
    go into enough detail IMHO....

Comment

Thanks for putting that up Freediver!

For people who missed it, it's about 7 minutes into this week's Gardening Australia, and should be available on iview.

I thought it was an interesting aticle, and a great looking set-up.
      "Weeds are just plants growing in the wrong place" - Jackie French
      Gardening is just racism for plants - Amber, The Old Guys

Comment

Just to confirm. I watched on iview.

Comment

One of the best setups I've seen. I'm not sure about eating comets though.
          Subwassertang- Proof that when enough people are wrong it's accepted as right.

Comment

great to see so many Tandanus! (good eatin' too) Peng has lots of videos on his youtube channel too: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5zfNTsLJItgpETSWWMstVg

I have a big glasshouse and have been accumulating tubs and whatnot but havn't managed to pull the trigger on aquaponics yet. Even using recycled junk the setup/running costs seem high compared to a dirt garden. ... but you get to play with fish and plants and that makes it very attractive to me!
            Last edited by Grubs; 02-06-14, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Thanks for sharing, yup does look expensive. Was think of floating lettuce on my ponds to reduce cost of setup

Originally posted by Grubs View Post
              great to see so many Tandanus! (good eatin' too) Peng has lots of videos on his youtube channel too: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5zfNTsLJItgpETSWWMstVg

I have a big glasshouse and have been accumulating tubs and whatnot but havn't managed to pull the trigger on aquaponics yet. Even using recycled junk the setup/running costs seem high compared to a dirt garden. ... but you get to play with fish and plants and that makes it very attractive to me!
              Cheers, Hong

Comment

It's my dream - one day to have a big enough aquaponics set up to grow my veg!

Hong you can certainly grow lettuce floating on your pond.

Great to see his enthusiasm

Comment

Working...
                X
                google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0