No announcement yet.

It's outdoor tub season! Few questions regarding setup & discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is that a green house? Would love to see more pics!!!

Comment

• Yeah mate. There's really not much happening there - yet. Not gonna heavily invest in it as a growing space just yet, wouldn't want to lose anything particularly valuable, especially my beloved Cryptocoryne hahaha.

C. cordata var. siamensis (sold by Dennerle as x purpurea).

C. cordata var. siamensis "Blassii"

A salad of C. pontederiifolia, Lagenandra meeboldii, Proserpinaca palustris and Ammania capitellata.

Comment

• Pretty sure Grubs keeps his crypts in the 'green' house or shed which gets really hot and cold. Maybe he moves them around etc not sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel View Post
          Pretty sure Grubs keeps his crypts in the 'green' house or shed which gets really hot and cold. Maybe he moves them around etc not sure.
          I know some of Grubs crypts have heated water, others I think are just covered/un-covered etc to try and regulate temp. Not 100% sure though.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweefu View Post
            I know some of Grubs crypts have heated water, others I think are just covered/un-covered etc to try and regulate temp. Not 100% sure though.
            Hmm Maybe I might try that for some Anubias I am trying to porogate for my future 4 foot tank...

Comment

• Been a while guys...

What is everyone planning for this summer?

I've just moved into a new house on a decent size block so of course there will be a lot of tubs. I still have my 220L tubs from the last couple of years and I'm adding 2x500L into the mix - planning to buy a 1000L rainwater tank and cut it in half. Wish me luck.

I've also just ordered the tanks for my new rack in th shed
              2 x 90 X 60 X 45 high
              3 x 60 X 60 X 45 high

Keeping these in addition to the old tanks so lots more room for rainbows and shrimp now.

Keen to hear what others are planning to do this year.

Cheers

Comment

• Hey Sweefu.

We might be moving soon as well so can't really set up anything right now. But for the new house i am planning on a bigger tank. 3ft is not big enough anymore
                A few 2ft planted tanks i want to set up as well. One low tech and one high tech.

But i also want to get a pond set up. I have been watching many pond videos on Youtube lately. Maybe some koi and white cloud minnows would go nice outside.

Where did you buy your tub from?

Keen to see how you progress with your set up. Keep us updated along the way.

Also since the "what's new" button has been removed it makes it hard to see who has made new comments on the forum now. I had no idea you posted on this thread

Last edited by Monty1089; 18-08-20, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X
                google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0