X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shots of my fish

Five banded barbs

Congo teta (male)

Great shots! Partially like the second pic of the Five banded barb.
    Nice fishus you have there.
    Sarah

Comment

Purty fush. How can you tell it's a male congo tetra by the way?

Comment

looks like a female congo,(no elongated fins and no colour males are the opposite)
        Natives gotta love em

Comment

That was a picture from when it was a few months younger. The females looked much different, even then. Now it is quite obvious that it is a male, the finnage is much longer and the rainbow effects down his side are much more apparent. Will try and get a more recent pic up. They are hard to photograph though.

Comment

wow those are awesome

can clearly see each scale

Comment

Wow ... I like these, especially the first one, something about that composition. I bet these little guys are hard to photograph, I doubt they would ever sit still. Do you mind sharing some details on the equipment used?

I had a go at tweaking 2 of the images that seemed a bit dark, I hope you don't mind. I'm no pro at photoediting, I bet the originals for these could be tweaked up really nice.

Comment

[QUOTE=BrianS;301055]Wow ... I like these, especially the first one, something about that composition. I bet these little guys are hard to photograph, I doubt they would ever sit still. Do you mind sharing some details on the equipment used?

Those look much better, thanks Brian. Unfortunately I don't have photoshop at home.

I use a canon 20D with a vivitar 55mm macro and a remote flash unit on top of the tank. F8 Iso 400 and depending on the fish and flash levels usually about 1/160s. Because I only have one flash unit, there is only a small column in the tank where the flash is effective and depending on the depth of the fish, the picture can be very dark or very bright! I take the photos at night in a darkened room to minimise tank reflections.

Comment

Nice work and thanks for the info;ever bit helps us struggling photographers

Comment

Great photos!

Comment

Love the congoes

Comment

wow those are excellent shots. so clear!
                        18 inch cube Mountainscape journal:

http://www.aquariumlife.com.au/showthread.php/42504-Sarah-s-Cube-Mountainscape-Journal-(pic-warning)

Comment

Great clear shots and thanks for sharing the info.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0