If anyone has any for sale please let me know

Cheers

Andrew

P.S could you please include a pic

Thanks

Andrew
    ---------------------------------------------------

AKA Thinkin Reef

What do you mean by "genuine Wendtii"? Any of the varietals such as 'Mi Oya' etc, but not a x? How about cultivars (such as 'Tropica' and 'Green Gecko')?
    Cheers,

Rufus

"I completely lost it. Well, okay, that sounded more awesome than what I really did, which was yell. And by yelling I mean sending a bunch of TEXT MESSAGES ALL IN CAPS!"

Comment

I am confused by the "genuine" bit too, are you referring to one that has it's collection data included. I believe I have 5 different Wendtii's and have flowered 4 of them. I can only trace them back to where I got them from.

Comment

What i am after is not a cross bred Wendetti Crypt

AKA Thinkin Reef

Comment

I am responsible for Andrew asking for " Genuine " Wendettii apologies for any confusion caused Crypt lovers!! . We were communicating via PM and he mentioned he was after some Wendettii and Im going to send him some of my Green/ Tropica to get him going but he is after a few more of any Wendetti variety I believe

I told him to make sure that he actually bought/traded some properly identified Wendetti as I had a few issues after doing some trades a while back when I was a little less experienced and recieved Crypts. that were certainly not Wendettii!! Hope this clears things up

Cheers Nick

Comment

Thanks for the post Nick , i kind of understood what you meant , but totally unsure how to explain it

LOL i was going to PM you to say "i am a total spazz help me out LOL"

Cheers

Andrew

AKA Thinkin Reef

Comment

You've run afoul of the biggest problem with crypts.

Crypts have so much plasticity in thier shapes and colours that its very hard to ID them correctly, even between species, nevermind between variants of the same species (although, granted, some are pretty distinctive).

The most relable method to ID them is via flowers and if you have a good look through BrianS' thread you will have an idea of what you are looking for.

Since you've asked specifically for wendtii crypts, the flowers are all going to look very similar. This will make your task even harder. You will have to just rely on people who have recieved the named plants themselves and have managed to keep them separate from the rest of their species AND remembered the variant name. That cuts out wendtiis from all but a very few sources.

At the end of the day, wendtiis are pretty much pot luck, and even then they will probably change form and colour completely once they become established in your tank. Unless you want to buy and cultivate a specific variant I'd just find a nice one and hope for the best.

Oh, and most crypts you will find have reproduced vegetatively, not via pollination and seed, so technically you will not get hybrids, you will just have an unknown variant.

I have a nice bullated red one, if you like I can send you a pup or two.. it may be a tropica?

-Mat-
              Last edited by wormboy; 06-08-10, 02:48 PM.
              I cant think of anything cooler..Oh wait, a T-Rex eating a terradactyl while fighting a giant robot made of ninjas, surrounded by cheer-leaders, a dance squad, and lazers. That would be cooler.

Comment

LOL , i don't know the names of crypts sorry " but i am keen to learn " as they are a sensational species

But i am after the Wendettii crypts , so if anyone has any for sale , that would be great

At the moment , i have parva,Lutea,Walkeri,mi oya,Willisii,
                Well thats what i have been sold

I have more , but do not know the names
                Last edited by tommo; 06-08-10, 02:47 PM.

AKA Thinkin Reef

Comment

Thanks for the reply wormboy , thats much appreciated

AKA Thinkin Reef

Comment

Originally posted by tommo View Post
                    LOL , i don't know the names of crypts sorry " but i am keen to learn " as they are a sensational species

But i am after the Wendettii crypts , so if anyone has any for sale , that would be great

At the moment , i have parva,Lutea,Walkeri,mi oya,Willisii,
                    Well thats what i have been sold

I have more , but do not know the names

There is a wendtii right there
                    I cant think of anything cooler..Oh wait, a T-Rex eating a terradactyl while fighting a giant robot made of ninjas, surrounded by cheer-leaders, a dance squad, and lazers. That would be cooler.

Comment

Do they Mi Oya grow tall as in say about 20 cm in height ? "also these grow fast correct ?"

AKA Thinkin Reef

Comment

Originally posted by tommo View Post
                        Do they Mi Oya grow tall as in say about 20 cm in height ? "also these grow fast correct ?"
                        Originally posted by wormboy View Post
                        Crypts have so much plasticity in thier shapes and colours
                        and sizes

I have the runners from the same wendtii growing
                        green and to 30cm in my tank
                        green and a max of 10cm in another tank, and
                        bright red and prostrate in a third tank.

I'd say yes, Mi Oya has the potential to grow to 20cm, easy.

Fast is a matter of perspective, crypts are traditionally a slow to medium growth plant but can go crazy given the right conditions
                        Last edited by wormboy; 06-08-10, 05:54 PM.

Comment

cool thanks for the info

Now have you got any for sale ?

AKA Thinkin Reef

Comment

Of course

Comment

Hello I know this post is old, but after researching Crytocoryne wendtii mi oya & Cryptocoryne wendtii red some websites I have read state they are the same plant, i am a newbi and could be totally wrong,
                              kind regards Christian

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0