• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broome WA

Hi all

So I am lucky enough to be heading to Broome for 5 days for work
    In that time I have use of the work vehicle
    yes I will visit some pubs etc but would love to try collecting some native fish/plants
    Does anyone have any tips?

Cheers
    Graem
    Read this very helpful thread on BSS .
    No pictures on your BSS advert? Then be prepared for it to be deleted ( read the rules )

take me, take me

get a couple of 45 litre plastic rubbish bins with lids, make sure they are clean. Put an airline and airstone into each bucket. Keep them cool with air con in the car.
    Take some bait traps. Take the buckets of fish indoors to stay cool when you aren't using them to collect fish. Use a power inverter to run a normal aquarium air pump from the cigarette lighter in the car. The air pump is used to aerate the buckets of fish that you catch. Have a battery operated air pump too for when you are by the banks or running away from chocodiles.

Don't go in the water, chocodiles.

It's a good idea to add 1 heaped tablespoon of rock salt per 20litres of water. It helps calm the fish and reduce the numbers that go belly up.
    And put a lid on the bucket.

There will also be bag limits for how many fish of each species you can take per day. Check with WA fisheries. General bag limits for non commercial species are around 10-20 of each species per day.

And if you catch any finches bring them back too, but watch out for them there govment fellas, they don't like people taking stuff without permits. If you can, push a few of them into the water for the chocodiles

And if there are no chocodiles, it's because the sharks ate them. STAY OUT OF THE WATER.
    Last edited by Colin_T; 24-03-18, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Hi Colin

ty for the tips
      Will be a fly in fly out trip , will see what I can do

Graeme
      Read this very helpful thread on BSS .
      No pictures on your BSS advert? Then be prepared for it to be deleted ( read the rules )

Comment

Working...
      X
      google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0