Apistogramma borellii 'opal'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apistogramma borellii 'opal'

A few dark snaps of these guys, I owe you better photos because these guys are stunners

Real nice! These fish are so underrated, breed them quick as I think they are ready to be mated. Give them a month or so, should be able to get some fry off them. Awesome photos btw.

Comment

Lovely fish. I agree they are underrated. Small and peaceful. Personally I prefer the non opal variety although I seem to have ended up with opals.

Comment

Wow their finnage is so awesome!!

The pics are fine but the colour looks to be too yellow perhaps? Does the fish look more blue in real life?

Comment

Originally posted by hengeli View Post
          Real nice! These fish are so underrated, breed them quick as I think they are ready to be mated. Give them a month or so, should be able to get some fry off them. Awesome photos btw.
          Yes, they've spawned a couple of times for me and to wrigglers stage but no more than that. They've actually stopped spawning since I started adding more tap water instead of osmosis. I'm trying to get them used to the bigger tank's water as I'm going on long holidays and it would be best to have them all in one tank only...hopefully won't be too bad sharing tank with the trifasciata pair in a dense planted 60x45x45 tank. What do you guys think?

Lovely fish. I agree they are underrated. Small and peaceful. Personally I prefer the non opal variety although I seem to have ended up with opals.
          Yes, the regular/yellow variety is also very good looking, I wouldn't mind having a pair of those too

Wow their finnage is so awesome!!

The pics are fine but the colour looks to be too yellow perhaps? Does the fish look more blue in real life?
          Yes, I apologise for the picture colour. In real life, his fins are more yellow (similar to the 5th picture) and his body/face is way more blue too. Also the tank light is very poor heh.

Comment

You need to get Indir to photograph these fellows....

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel View Post
              You need to get Indir to photograph these fellows....
              haha Yes, he knows he's invited anytime (any of you really!)

Comment

Finally got fry from these guys!

I think I counted about 60 babies..

Comment

That is just so awesome! I love it when they tour the tank with mum, pump them with bbs, and congrats you got a good sized batch...

Comment

Lovely photo! I can't decide between these and shellies for a tank that I am planning.... Shellies seem to be easier to keep though.

Comment

Verry naahs.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hengeli View Post
                        That is just so awesome! I love it when they tour the tank with mum, pump them with bbs, and congrats you got a good sized batch...
                        Yeah she's a big female! I'm offering BBS from Ocean Nutrition but they don't seem to like it much, munch on them a bit then they spit it out. They love microworms tho and Vinegar Eels got them started.

Lovely photo! I can't decide between these and shellies for a tank that I am planning.... Shellies seem to be easier to keep though.
                        I don't know anything about Shellies, but these guys are pretty forgiven! Maybe Indir can share some tips, he's had both.

Verry naahs.
                        haha thanks

Comment

Update on the little guys, only 7 made it...first time I breed anything so...a lot of room for improvement. I've learnt HEAPS and enjoyed the journey tho, I'm definitely hooked

Comment

I'd say seven is still a success, especially for a first timer! What do you think is the biggest tip from your experience?

Comment

7 is a lucky number! Well done.

Was there some predation or poor survival due to other factors?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0