Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

variety

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • variety

    variety can be found if one has some loose change, but one also has to be quick. Looks like these have sold out before they hit the shop.


    http://www.secondnatureaquariums.com...rf-c-80_72_76/

  • #2
    I dont think i've ever sene stuff in stock on their site. Best place for dwarf cichlids currently that i know of is New Life Aquariums in Melbourne. A little steep sometimes, and shipping can be $ but they have their own farm and bring in some rare Dwarf cichlids! And a ton of variety.
    "The stuff I buy is a bit pricey however it is as dry as a nuns nasty" - BigDaddyAdo

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by indir View Post
      I dont think i've ever sene stuff in stock on their site. Best place for dwarf cichlids currently that i know of is New Life Aquariums in Melbourne. A little steep sometimes, and shipping can be $ but they have their own farm and bring in some rare Dwarf cichlids! And a ton of variety.
      Doesn't look like anything can be ordered on their website and Facebook shows mainly discus.

      Comment


      • #4
        Shoot them a message with what your chasing. Works for me, they always have 10+ apisto species when I'm chasing something new to breed in the past. In saying that... its been a few months since ive had any fish lol.
        "The stuff I buy is a bit pricey however it is as dry as a nuns nasty" - BigDaddyAdo

        Comment


        • #5
          those prices are ridiculous...

          Comment


          • #6
            I saw yesterday in aquaristic (Sydney) a pair of what they said it was macmasteri super red, for $130/pair. Easily one of the most stunning fish I've seen! The male was stunning, pics on internet don't do justice (looked more like viejita súper red).
            Should we chip in for someone here to get them and breed them? 🤔😁 I know I can't breed a thing...
            Last edited by DDM; 12-11-17, 06:42 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Man prices have gone up since i shut my tanks down... We dont have any real Viejita in Australia, and probably will never get them. They are fairly rare. There is also not much of a difference between the Macmasteri and Viejita, the most notable is markings on the tail fin
              "The stuff I buy is a bit pricey however it is as dry as a nuns nasty" - BigDaddyAdo

              Comment


              • #8
                i haven't seen decent apisto since horst closed his shop in bondi junction. and that was yeeeears ago...

                he used to import directly from germany. it was an aquarist's dream, that shop. miss it so much.
                Last edited by PiL; 12-11-17, 09:20 AM.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by indir View Post
                  Man prices have gone up since i shut my tanks down... We dont have any real Viejita in Australia, and probably will never get them. They are fairly rare. There is also not much of a difference between the Macmasteri and Viejita, the most notable is markings on the tail fin
                  How about you start again with that couple??���� I'll shoot them a message to see if I can get a photo of the pair to get you dreaming ��

                  **Edit: here! https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...81108568802616
                  Last edited by DDM; 12-11-17, 11:30 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by PiL View Post
                    i haven't seen decent apisto since horst closed his shop in bondi junction. and that was yeeeears ago...

                    he used to import directly from germany. it was an aquarist's dream, that shop. miss it so much.
                    Aquapet or something?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I don't think i've been to aquapet, but there used to be a few stores up near the city which would bring in some really nice specimens. Slippery little suckers was one of them that I can remember the name of, not sure if they are still around? B&C Aquariums also, again unsure if they are still around.

                      There used to be a few good breeders around but all have shut down their tanks in the last few years unfortunately so its fairly hard to find high quality apistos these days. Most shops are hit and miss these days with quality. I've heard of a couple of Apisto breeders still floating around in Qld but are hard to get contact details for (i assume they sell to the shops direct). Other than that my best source used to be New Life in Melbourne, but again prices can be steep and your buying blind if your not from down there unfortunately.

                      @DDM - Soon enough i'll be back mate To be honest though... I am not a big fan of the Macs myself. Too many other nice ones around Haha.

                      Can't wait to get back into it, will be dedicating the rack to apistos purely this time around

                      EDIT: If anyone is interested in something a little more uncommon/unusual there is the Checkboard Cichlid (dicrossus filamentosus) which are a really really nice fish once they are mature. Harder to find compared to apistos in general though.
                      Last edited by indir; 12-11-17, 01:49 PM.
                      "The stuff I buy is a bit pricey however it is as dry as a nuns nasty" - BigDaddyAdo

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by indir View Post
                        I don't think i've been to aquapet, but there used to be a few stores up near the city which would bring in some really nice specimens. Slippery little suckers was one of them that I can remember the name of, not sure if they are still around? B&C Aquariums also, again unsure if they are still around.

                        There used to be a few good breeders around but all have shut down their tanks in the last few years unfortunately so its fairly hard to find high quality apistos these days. Most shops are hit and miss these days with quality. I've heard of a couple of Apisto breeders still floating around in Qld but are hard to get contact details for (i assume they sell to the shops direct). Other than that my best source used to be New Life in Melbourne, but again prices can be steep and your buying blind if your not from down there unfortunately.

                        @DDM - Soon enough i'll be back mate To be honest though... I am not a big fan of the Macs myself. Too many other nice ones around Haha.

                        Can't wait to get back into it, will be dedicating the rack to apistos purely this time around

                        EDIT: If anyone is interested in something a little more uncommon/unusual there is the Checkboard Cichlid (dicrossus filamentosus) which are a really really nice fish once they are mature. Harder to find compared to apistos in general though.
                        I used to have some checkerboards !!! They are fantastic fish. I wish I could get hold of them again.
                        Whatever

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Man, if i could get my hands on a nice pair of checkerboards, i would forgo shrimp...
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Aquaristic may have checker boards. Think i may have seen some on the FB page a while back.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I had 2 trios before i shut my tanks down... They are still floating around, just harder and harder to find them I ordered 6 from melbourne and got lucky with 2 trios! Had a few spawns but females ate within a couple of days unfortunately.... One of you get a pair or two and breed them so I can get them easier when im back!! Haha
                              "The stuff I buy is a bit pricey however it is as dry as a nuns nasty" - BigDaddyAdo

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X
                              google.com, pub-5201535165471905, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0