Thread: Water leak alarm

Default Water leak alarm

Anyone use a device to detect water leaks?

After suggestions for something that would ideally detect a water leak and send a message via wifi to my phone for when I'm not home.

I am using one. It’s from Aqara and uses the xiaomi ecosystem. It is easy to place anywhere and will send an alert to my phone if it detects a leak. I also have it set to trigger and shut off my heater and filter if it does detect a leak just in case the unthinkable should happen. I have tested it and it works well.

https://m.gearbest.com/home-smart-im...pp_668897.html

Quote Originally Posted by lastlineofdefence View Post
    I am using one. It’s from Aqara and uses the xiaomi ecosystem. It is easy to place anywhere and will send an alert to my phone if it detects a leak. I also have it set to trigger and shut off my heater and filter if it does detect a leak just in case the unthinkable should happen. I have tested it and it works well.

Thanks for your input! May go with these ones if no other reccomendations

Quote Originally Posted by lastlineofdefence View Post
    I am using one. Itís from Aqara and uses the xiaomi ecosystem. It is easy to place anywhere and will send an alert to my phone if it detects a leak. I also have it set to trigger and shut off my heater and filter if it does detect a leak just in case the unthinkable should happen. I have tested it and it works well.

Superb info thanks. Learn something new everyday!!

You will need the multifunctional gateway to link this too. There is tutorials all over the web or see youtube.
    I have my heater and filter running from a smart power switch. If a water leak is detected then it uses IFTTT kind of system to trigger the power switch off. I also have it to sound an alarm, and flash a red light just to get me in the right mood if it does trigger :P
    I will post some pictures soon in my journal thread.

Looks like a zigbee like setup where the hub links all the Xiaomi devices?

I have a wifi light (xiaomi Philips) which juat links via router and their own server in China. No privacy expected or given.

Yeah thats right, Rebel.
    Im using the Xiaomi Yeelight bulbs on my tank and they seem to be going well. Nice that it all links together and found in the one app.

Hmm will need to buy a hub, which one do you guys use?

hey guys btw, these hubs can cause vulnerabilities in your network so proceed carefully.