Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shrimp Tank Update - Pic Heavy

Ado, as rebel said tds 180, gh 6 , kh 0-1.

Crushing up your foods into powders seems to help me with shrimplet survival rates.

If everything seems to be in check and you can't seem to figure out what it is, last resort would be to dose hydrogen peroxide - can get these bottles at coles. Do a little research on dosage as i've forgotten the exact numbers, but this works miracles for shrimp keepers when they can't quite figure out the cause of deaths.

Also avoid too frequent of water change, 10-20% every 2-4 weeks seems to be the sweetspot with shrimps.

Parameters are all good. Deaths seem to have stopped also.

I always grind their food up with a mortar and pestle as well as adding in leave in type food sources (IAL, barley pellets, etc) and never clean the back glass panel so there is always ample food.

I was changing 20% weekly but have left it alone for a month or so. I plan on either 10%/2weeks or 20%/Monthly.

Fingers crossed !!!!
    Whatever

My TDS is always about 105-110. Never gets any higher than that.
    Whatever

Yep I also ran into spontaneous deaths eventually when changing 20% weekly, wasn't instant, more like 3-4 months after so took me awhile to link it back to the frequent water changes.

Awesome looking tank and RCS!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12