Thread: LED for planted nano

Default LED for planted nano

Hey guys,

Iíve been out of the game for a few years and looking to get back into the hobby starting with a planted nano for a betta. Iím looking for a small LED that can grow low-tech slow growing plants like Java fern. I also want a light that just looks good. I used to use the Up Aqua Pro U lights but they seem to be discontinued. Could you guys recommend some good brands for me?

Whats the tank size?

Chihiros A series should be more than enough. I use them even in my 60x45x45.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Whats the tank size?

Chihiros A series should be more than enough. I use them even in my 60x45x45.
    Thanks for the advice. Thinking a 30cm cube.

Where can i buy one of these online?

Chihiros A series in google brings up multiple sources that are nice and cheap. Ive not been around long enough to know the etiquette on linking to mass import cheap sites yet.

try Fleabay.

Jonnyking AFAIK you can link anything apart from a few forbidden sites (they have taken legal action against forums or something). Ebay is fine.

Oh right, Thanks Rebel. Yes i did see that post. Guessing this is due to their less than accepted practices? Ive not heard of any of their companies before but will steer clear in any case.

aliexpress is another great cheap source for this stuff thehalfw1t, just takes quite a while to arrive.

I have modded my Chihiro 30cm LED with a Red Blue LED mod - I should do a post about it.

But alas I am about to get rid of my nano/light due to being in rehabilitation from MTS.

How much are you wanting to spend? I have a Dalua Illumagic ComboRay (30cm) with custom picked/swappable LED diodes, spare diodes and swivel stands/arms sitting here gathering dust... never used. Currently sitting on a 30cm cube that I unfortunately have not been able to find room to set up. Flick me a pm if you are interested. Far, far superior to UPs lights.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigH View Post
    I have a Dalua Illumagic ComboRay (30cm) with custom picked/swappable LED diodes, spare diodes and swivel stands/arms sitting here gathering dust... never used.
    Damn those things are so expensive !!!
    Read this very helpful thread on BSS .
    No pictures on your BSS advert? Then be prepared for it to be deleted ( read the rules )

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    Damn those things are so expensive !!!
    Will sell mine for half what I paid for it. They're well worth the money though. Perfect spectrum can be created and they'll grow anything.

btw Chihiro RGB is also good as long as dim it. These days there are many options including WRGB Chihiro although the commander controller is meant to be buggy.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2018...519a1429A61qNx

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Chih...39586cd4Ye4pbt

Given price for 30cm, I'd go for WRGB TBH.

I've only seen the Dalua light twice on a FW tank maybe because of the price issue.

They were fairly early adopters but priced them with the marine lights I think.

This looks to be good but no experience. You need a 40cm tank though.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2018...AbTest=ae803_3