Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from WA!

Crypts bounced back fine and my val has flowered! wow.

Next problem though. Since ive started using Dino Spit and Pee ive noticed some GSA starting. Its on the crypts and one side of the glass. Would this be related to the ferts?

GSA indicates either too much light, not enough CO2, not enough Phosphate (Dino pee lacks phosphate), or lack of flow.

I would suggest to add some phosphate.

Thanks Rebel.

Light hasnt changed.
    No CO2 if anything more due to now dosing Dino spit.
    Flow has changed, i switched from the ugly green pipes to some glass lily pipes. Not sure if more or less, probably less given the larger opening.

Will see if I can find some phosphate. bah more dosing... haha

Some tanks do need more phosphate but usually they are ones with higher light. In Dino pee, phosphate is meant to come from a heavily stocked fish tank. These days we have heavily stocked plants with a few fish, thanks to Amano.

Yes I think moving away from the larger fish has given much less waste to play with. Might need to up the number of micro fish!

Glass lily pipe installed. Java fern has floated around a bit and needs securing. The blue line/string in the background is also to be removed. Its holding the heater enclosure at the moment. Need to fix it to the back of the cabinet.

Also noticed the sand is slowly making its way back to the front of the tank rather than keeping its shape. I have cut up milk crate under it for support but it isn't helping that much.

Hygro needs a good trim. Its loving the ferts i think. Absolutely booming at the moment. Also the flowering Val! I know im not doing anything special but its a first for my aquarium. Exciting! haha

Flowers are awesome man. Its the pinnacle of plant keeping in general.

Question before I dose my tank!

If using Sulphate of potash to dose for phosphate, am I to use the K amount in the powder for my calcs?
    https://www.bunnings.com.au/richgro-...otash_p2980321

Treating K as my phosphate. Using http://rotalabutterfly.com/nutrient-calculator.php to get up to 10ppm i would be adding ~2.5 grams.

So the powder is 41% K. so for every 2.5 grams of powder there is really only 1 gram of K. Bump it up to 6.25 grams of powder to get my 2.5 grams of K giving me 10ppm?

Sorry if this is a silly question, little lost with the dry dosing and not really sure. Have pieced this idea from researching others threads but hit a roadblock by not using straight up K and using sulphate of potash instead.
    Last edited by jonnyking; 14-04-19 at 03:59 PM. Reason: words

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12