Thread: Shrimp Food

Question Shrimp Food

Hi Guys,

I am about to add cherries to my shrimp tank.

What do you feed your shrimps with?

I have heard a lot of recommendation for Bacter AE to increase bio film, though I am having a hard time finding this product in LFS.

Where do you source your shrimp food from usually?

Cheers

Hiya, I feed with dried and fresh kale, mulberry leaves (grow your own!), almond leaves and once a week with Hikari shrimp bites.

Most of the time, they should be ok just with algae in the tank.

For cherries, it's good to add some kH (up to 3), gH (up to 6) to Melbourne water so that they can flourish.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Hiya, I feed with dried and fresh kale, mulberry leaves (grow your own!), almond leaves and once a week with Hikari shrimp bites.

Most of the time, they should be ok just with algae in the tank.

For cherries, it's good to add some kH (up to 3), gH (up to 6) to Melbourne water so that they can flourish.
    Thanks Rebel.

What's the best way of raising KH and GH? Shrimp Salt?

Hey ya, regarding the Mulberry leaves, I have a massive tree so I have a good supply but have read you should dry the leaves, some articles say to boil them whilst others say just get the young leaves and throw them in straight from the tree. So having said that Rebel, what do you do?

Regards

Byrnesy

Quote Originally Posted by Orcustus View Post
    Thanks Rebel.

What's the best way of raising KH and GH? Shrimp Salt?
    For cherries you can just use Seachem equilibrium and a small piece of coral in the filter.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrnesy View Post
    Hey ya, regarding the Mulberry leaves, I have a massive tree so I have a good supply but have read you should dry the leaves, some articles say to boil them whilst others say just get the young leaves and throw them in straight from the tree. So having said that Rebel, what do you do?

Regards

Byrnesy
    Ive tried raw, dying, dead, blanched and they love it either way. Blanched get eaten faster.

Check it out here with the Mulberry.
    http://www.aquariumlife.com.au/showt...046#post591046

For cherries you can just use Seachem equilibrium and a small piece of coral in the filter.
    Thanks Rebel.

Unfortunately I don't have a Mulberry tree, but I do have a few Plum trees and Fig trees. Are all leaves the same or are Mulberry leaves special?

Default Mulberry leave

Ive tried raw, dying, dead, blanched and they love it either way. Blanched get eaten faster.
    Thanks for the advice, I will try it again blanched, they didn't go too much on the straight from the tree bit. If you need some leaves let me know and I will post some to you.