Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taiwan Bee Shrimp Tank Journal

Default Taiwan Bee Shrimp Tank Journal

Have just filled a tank with lava rock, micro Java fern, mini Xmas moss, Monte Carlo and Java fern windevlov. Hopefully the tank will eventually consist of some shadow pandas and blue bolts too. At the moment though I am unsure of the scape and am considering removing some of the rocks on the left side to make it a little bit less cluttered and simpler.

Please let me know your thoughts,

Louis

Nice! Since I'm starting a shrimp tank as well I'm very interested to learn from your journey. How long till your tank is cycled you reckon?

Quote Originally Posted by Orcustus View Post
    Nice! Since I'm starting a shrimp tank as well I'm very interested to learn from your journey. How long till your tank is cycled you reckon?
    Hopefully not too long. I put the sponge Filter in a very mature tank for a few days before it went in this tank do hopefully that speeds things up a bit. I'm also going to add water from that tank too. Ideally, 2 weeks would be great but considering the expense of the shrimp I might give it and extra couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapayich View Post
    Hopefully not too long. I put the sponge Filter in a very mature tank for a few days before it went in this tank do hopefully that speeds things up a bit. I'm also going to add water from that tank too. Ideally, 2 weeks would be great but considering the expense of the shrimp I might give it and extra couple of weeks.
    You mentioned Shadow Panda and Blue Bolt. Wouldn't they cross-breed?

I'm going with CRS and blue Cherries since I'm new to breeding.

You mentioned Shadow Panda and Blue Bolt. Wouldn't they cross-breed?

I'm going with CRS and blue Cherries since I'm new to breeding.
    Yup they would cross breed. However, if I were to buy just shadow pandas, it is unlikely that all the offspring would be shadow panda anyway. Plus I'm pretty sure that shadow pandas are a result of blue bolt and panda cross, so the offspring would be fine anyway. If I can find a breeder with pure shadow panda lines though I would go that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapayich View Post
    Yup they would cross breed. However, if I were to buy just shadow pandas, it is unlikely that all the offspring would be shadow panda anyway. Plus I'm pretty sure that shadow pandas are a result of blue bolt and panda cross, so the offspring would be fine anyway. If I can find a breeder with pure shadow panda lines though I would go that way.
    I see. How are you going to control the temperature? Are you running a chiller or just air conditioning?

I see. How are you going to control the temperature? Are you running a chiller or just air conditioning?
    Just air conditioning but I also have a fan if needed

Panda shrimp due very soon! Possibly this weekend. Scape was changed slightly before filling as you can probably tell. Fluval C2 HOB was also added as the sponge Filter alone wasn't quite cutting it. Any suggestions on filter guards for this filter? It's currently covered by a double layer of old fish net but I think baby shrimplets will get through this.

You could try a bit of stocking cut fit?

Stocking will clog up way too quickly.

Just buy a stainless steel filer intake.
    Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyAdo View Post
    Stocking will clog up way too quickly.

Just buy a stainless steel filer intake.
    ^ agreed with ado

Using stocking for now. Shrimp have just gone in now. I think the intake is a bit of an awkward size so not sure if they sell them for this filter.

Measure up the filter intake and shoot me a pm with dimensions, i should be able to 3d print you one for postage cost
    "The stuff I buy is a bit pricey however it is as dry as a nuns nasty" - BigDaddyAdo

Quote Originally Posted by indir View Post
    Measure up the filter intake and shoot me a pm with dimensions, i should be able to 3d print you one for postage cost
    Wow very generous of you Indir! I'll measure it up tomorrow and send you a message.

No worries at all Try to be as precise as possible so we can try to get a snug fit. Digital calipers are best if you have them.
    "The stuff I buy is a bit pricey however it is as dry as a nuns nasty" - BigDaddyAdo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast