Thread: Cheapest/Best Value Reverse Osmosis System and TDS pen?

Default Cheapest/Best Value Reverse Osmosis System and TDS pen?

Looking at getting an RO system and TDS pen as I am considering breeding Taiwan Bee Shrimp. Just wondering what systems people are using currently. Don't want to spend much over $100. Would also be handy if the TDS pen doubled as a pH pen.

Thanks in advance,
    Louis

For TDS pens any cheapie from ebay will be fine for our purposes. For pH given your budget you can use a cheapie but make sure you store the tip in pH 4 solution (each tip can be a little different so need to follow directions) and calibrate at least once a month.

Thusly:
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Digital-...frcectupt=true

Both should cost about $12 max delivered.

I have a $40 pH meter and I think it's similar to these cheapies given the low accuracy that we need. IF you go up to the Hanna pH meters ( > $100 ) then you will see a difference in accuracy etc but not worth it.

A lot of great second hand deals pop up for RODI units - join the marine buy and sell groups on facebook. Most of the time you can get setups with fresh filters for 100 - just test whatever you're buying with a tds pen. Worst case scenario you'd just have to buy a new cartridge.

Cheers guys, I'll have to keep my eye out for a second hand one. Might stick away from the pH pen considering you have to leave it in a pH 4 solution.