Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 6ft light stands

Default 6ft light stands

Hi guys,

I have bought a 6ft MML panel (still on the way) for my new tank (also still on the way) I want to hang this light above the tank but I can't seem to find much options. So far I've been able to find the Cade ones (https://www.cadeaustralia.com.au/pro...at-panel-mount) but does anyone have any other options?

Thanks,
    Dyl

You can DIY, ppl use Aluminium from bunnings, they sell plastic joiners for the cnrs etc, pretty sure its called "Connect-IT"

Ebay has stands that attached to the sides of the tanks, I have one on my 3ft boofshelf tank, but I feel for a large tank / light stands that attach to the aquarium stand are best.

This is the tank mount style stand, you would need two of these, but not sure how much weight they hold - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Universa...~jO0:rk:2:pf:0

I have the Cade stands on my 5ft bookshelf tank and I really like it, tho I was able to pick it up second hand to save some $, little pricy at full retail. you also need to buy this attachment for the cade stands - https://www.cadeaustralia.com.au/pro...lat-panel-moun
    Last edited by doylecolmdoyle; 19-01-19 at 12:14 AM.

I had seen some people using the connect-it setup but I'm not sure how it would go with a large light, might be too heavy. Thanks for the link to the ebay stand as well, I don't they would hold either though. Might just have to pay for the cade setup.

That Cade light mount is expensive. You can get a Chihiros led light for the same price as the mount

Maybe search this forum in the DIY section as i believe some people have done some hanging mounts with parts from Bunnings. The connect-it as you say might be a bit weak but surely Bunnings has some other parts you could use.

You could possibly do it for half the price of the Cade with Bunnings parts. However if you want it now and rather be safe since the Cade should definitely hold the light then just stick with the Cade.

Search up Conduit DIY light stand, the marine blokes use it alot and would look really nice if you can find some stainless steel conduit. Use a wire scourer on the stainless steel if you want the brushed look.

Quote Originally Posted by doylecolmdoyle View Post
    You can DIY, ppl use Aluminium from bunnings, they sell plastic joiners for the cnrs etc, pretty sure its called "Connect-IT"
    [/url]
    I used this on my 2ft, check out my post

Quote Originally Posted by Monty1089 View Post
    That Cade light mount is expensive. You can get a Chihiros led light for the same price as the mount

Maybe search this forum in the DIY section as i believe some people have done some hanging mounts with parts from Bunnings. The connect-it as you say might be a bit weak but surely Bunnings has some other parts you could use.

You could possibly do it for half the price of the Cade with Bunnings parts. However if you want it now and rather be safe since the Cade should definitely hold the light then just stick with the Cade.
    About the Chihiros, does anyone know where to buy a 120cm version of the light in Oz with our plug? Can't seem to find it anywhere on the Web.

You could try and ask Hinterfeld Australia via their eBay store. Just message them and ask if they can get the 120cm light for you:

https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/hinterfeld-oz

The other option is to buy it from Aliexpress and eBay.

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_...c&LH_PrefLoc=2

https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesa...hText=chihiros

I narrowed down the search on eBay to Chihiros from worldwide as i couldn't see it locally. Some sellers do send with the proper AU plug .. not an adapter. I bought a 45cm Chihiros from China on eBay and it came with the proper AU wire.

But first option try and ask Hinterfeld Australia via eBay.
    Last edited by Monty1089; 22-01-19 at 10:00 AM.

Yeah, I found the Aliexpress site too, but not sure of plug. Thanks mate, I'll try hinterfield.

If you are going a 120cm Chihiros light I think the cheaper ebay "tank mount" stand will be fine, they chihiros lights are super light (and cheap)

The cade stand is heavy duty and would hold any heavy light, would be overkill for a chihiors light but will give you options to upgrade to a heavy light down the road.

If you are going a 120cm Chihiros light I think the cheaper ebay "tank mount" stand will be fine, they chihiros lights are super light (and cheap)

The cade stand is heavy duty and would hold any heavy light, would be overkill for a chihiors light but will give you options to upgrade to a heavy light down the road.
    I have a 4 foot Cade with light stand (need to buy the $30 hanging kit) waiting for a light. If I can find this light in 120cm size, I'll be happy. Otherwise I'll have to find an alternative to the Chihiros which is just as good, cheap and hangable.

P.S. Monty, I already messaged hinterfield. Awaiting reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidy View Post
    I have a 4 foot Cade with light stand (need to buy the $30 hanging kit) waiting for a light. If I can find this light in 120cm size, I'll be happy. Otherwise I'll have to find an alternative to the Chihiros which is just as good, cheap and hangable.

P.S. Monty, I already messaged hinterfield. Awaiting reply.
    The Chihiros light is not designed to be hung / it doesn't have any lugs to mount the hanging wire, I am sure you can work around this, I have hung these lights before just by simply wrapping the wire around the lights, tho this is tricky to balance and get it to hang flat.

The Chihiros light is not designed to be hung / it doesn't have any lugs to mount the hanging wire, I am sure you can work around this, I have hung these lights before just by simply wrapping the wire around the lights, tho this is tricky to balance and get it to hang flat.
    Actually, they come with two hang on kits, single light and dual light kits:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/80cm...118b3c00LL6vmd

Quote Originally Posted by Spidy View Post
    Actually, they come with two hang on kits, single light and dual light kits:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/80cm...118b3c00LL6vmd
    Oh yeah forgot about them! handy!

I purchased one from aliexpress about a month ago that had AU plug in the description, should arrive sometime soon. I'll update you on the plug when it comes!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast