Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6ft light stands

I got into the roof and put a plank of wood across 2 rafters on each end. I then bolted an eye bolt through the roof to the plank of wood. Not too much trouble and cost less than $10.

Thanks for the info on the embedding issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylightful View Post
    I got into the roof and put a plank of wood across 2 rafters on each end. I then bolted an eye bolt through the roof to the plank of wood. Not too much trouble and cost less than $10.

Thanks! I will need to investigate whether I can do that.... Your setup looks super neat!

What are your thoughts on the light? My understanding is that the wifi controller doesn't do ramping up and down? Did you end up with 90 degree lenses on the white diodes?

I honestly haven't played around with them too much. You could theoretically create a custom function to do the ramping, but I have not got the time at the moment to work it out. I've just set the lights to turn on at 1:30PM, then just 1% blue at 9PM and then off at 10:30PM.

I setup the scape over the weekend and filled the tank, a few things moved when the water filled and compacted the sand a bit but still looks around what I was hoping. I am waiting on some more plants to be delivered to fill it out a bit more. Let me know your thoughts, going for a river scape.

I've added some Dr Tims Aquatics Ammonia Chloride, now just the long wait for the cycle to complete. Going to try and get some filter media from someone or a lfs to help speed it up.

Looks good man. My instinct tells me that more height might be needed in the scape but depends on what you like.

Please don't ask your LFS for filter media. Usually they tend to be full of disease. Just wait for your tank to cycle and watch the grass grow. You've attached the filter I assume? I can't see it.

That is a good point, I will ask someone I know locally who I can trust.

Yes I thought the same thing, need to source more/better pieces of driftwood to do this I think.

And yes, it has a 4ft sump in the cabinet. The drain is in the top left and the return in the top right.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty1089 View Post
    Let us know if they reply. Their actual website doesn't work anymore so would be interesting to know if they still operate via eBay.

As Lord of Destruction mentioned above .. if you can't get it from Hinterfeld Australia then there are Aliexpress sellers that do sell with the Aussie plugs. My 45cm one from China with Aussie plug is still going strong!
    Still no reply.

Out of curiosity, do you know if the Cade hanging kit is compatible with the MML light, or conversely if the MML hanging kit is compatible with the Cade stands?

The MML hanging kit wouldn't work without some modification to the Cade stands. The MML kit has a carabiner clip to connect on each end, whereas the Cade kit has a metal piece on the end with a hole that slides onto the pole and then a screw to hold it in place. The Cade kit did fit the MML light thought the Cade kit didn't come with and screws to attach to the light. Easy enough to source though from Bunnings.

My chihiros RGB ended up coming with an AU plug adapter lol, I changed it to an AU plug with a spare figure 8 cord I had laying around.

I'd be happy to give you some media from my filters if you're ever in sydney!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Destruction View Post
    My chihiros RGB ended
    Keen to hear your thoughts on it. Does the tank have a yellow bias with that light?

Quote Originally Posted by Dylightful View Post
    The MML hanging kit wouldn't work without some modification to the Cade stands. The MML kit has a carabiner clip to connect on each end, whereas the Cade kit has a metal piece on the end with a hole that slides onto the pole and then a screw to hold it in place. The Cade kit did fit the MML light thought the Cade kit didn't come with and screws to attach to the light. Easy enough to source though from Bunnings.
    Thanks for that. Very appreciated info.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidy View Post
    Still no reply.
    They could be terrible at customer service.

I did an advanced search on them on eBay and people have been buying items from them lately:

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?i...&LH_Complete=1

However they possibly are not operating so no orders will be processed.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty1089 View Post
    They could be terrible at customer service.

I did an advanced search on them on eBay and people have been buying items from them lately:

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?i...&LH_Complete=1

However they possibly are not operating so no orders will be processed.
    I'll probably go MML in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidy View Post
    I'll probably go MML in the end.
    What size tank??

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    What size tank??
    4x2x2 feet

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast