Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6ft light stands

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Destruction View Post
    I purchased one from aliexpress about a month ago that had AU plug in the description, should arrive sometime soon. I'll update you on the plug when it comes!
    Thank you. I'd be very curious to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidy View Post
    I have a 4 foot Cade with light stand (need to buy the $30 hanging kit) waiting for a light. If I can find this light in 120cm size, I'll be happy. Otherwise I'll have to find an alternative to the Chihiros which is just as good, cheap and hangable.

P.S. Monty, I already messaged hinterfield. Awaiting reply.
    Let us know if they reply. Their actual website doesn't work anymore so would be interesting to know if they still operate via eBay.

As Lord of Destruction mentioned above .. if you can't get it from Hinterfeld Australia then there are Aliexpress sellers that do sell with the Aussie plugs. My 45cm one from China with Aussie plug is still going strong!

I got a Chihiros 30cm from Fleabay in 2016. Still perfect (even after a few dunking in water!) although I am careful not to use it past level 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty1089 View Post
    Let us know if they reply. Their actual website doesn't work anymore so would be interesting to know if they still operate via eBay.

As Lord of Destruction mentioned above .. if you can't get it from Hinterfeld Australia then there are Aliexpress sellers that do sell with the Aussie plugs. My 45cm one from China with Aussie plug is still going strong!
    Will do.

AliExpress take forever to deliver and I couldn't find an are to choose specifically an AU plug.

Making a fixture DIY out of conduit may just work. I hopefully get the light tomorrow so I'll be able to see how heavy it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylightful View Post
    Making a fixture DIY out of conduit may just work. I hopefully get the light tomorrow so I'll be able to see how heavy it is.
    I think they look clean, quite nice.

I tried to go this route but I did have issues sourcing some conduit and the bender to go with it.

I got the light, it is quite heavy due to the metal housing. I don't think the Connect it plastic connectors will cut it so that leaves me with trying to find stainless steel conduit and a bender, or paying for the cade ones.

I looked into bending stainless steel and its not a an easy task, also pipe benders are expensive, just buy the cade stand and hanging kit, will last a life time, very heavy duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidy View Post
    Thank you. I'd be very curious to find out.
    As usual, AU plug to them means an AU adapter haha. I knew it was too good to be true!
    It used a standard figure 8 connection so I just swapped it out for a AUS plug with figure 8 head.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylightful View Post
    . I don't think the Connect it plastic connectors will cut it so that leaves me with trying to find stainless steel conduit and a bender, or paying for the cade ones.
    Unless you are very good at DIY, I suggest paying up. The last thing you want is a damaged light. If it's a small light say 2foot no issues but at 6 feet, it could pose a risk.

Yep I caved and bought the Cade mounts and hanging kit, should arrive in the next few days.

So I got the Cade mounts and unfortunately they aren't long enough to mount to the cabinet at 2 points so they don't hold the weight of the lights without swinging inwards. So I've opted to mount the light from the ceiling instead, looks much more reliable. I'm only using the mounting kit that came with the light currently, but I plan to make a different kit so I can adjust the height as I please.

Last edited by Dylightful; 19-02-19 at 05:24 PM.

Showing the 7 color jump on the MML-FWP5A-180 panel using the wifi controller

https://youtu.be/_Ba4ahdFPlA

Can't work out how to embed the video, if someone can shed some light on this.
    Last edited by Dylightful; 19-02-19 at 05:43 PM. Reason: can't work out how to embed the video

Try using the regular youtube link not the youtube.be link.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ba4ahdFPlA

Did you have to do anything special to connect it to the ceiling given it's weight?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast